• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AI ROBOT TELLS HUMAN CREATORS IT WILL KEEP THEM IN "PEOPLE ZOO"

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are all already in a people zoo.

Do you think you are wild?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This not just a robot, it's the android of Philip K Dick and draws on a database of his body of work to respond in conversation. Good ol' PKD was the pioneer of exploring how alienating we are to ourselves. I'll be super impressed when it can, like its human model, go into intense fits of paranoia and lure teenagers with drugs into its lair just to have somebody to talk to.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like to be able to transfer my memory and consciousness into an artificial brain.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think you are wild?

Nope.

I'd tolerate robot rule as long as I was allowed certain autonomy or perceived autonomy. Give me free reign to travel, read and learn what I want, etc. The machines can wipe my ass for me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a really long response discussing group-think, democratic impulses in the animal kingdom, etc, then accidentally closed my browser window. All gone. It will have to wait until tomorrow when I come back to work.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I would like to be able to transfer my memory and consciousness into an artificial brain.

I don't think you want a super intelligent AI considering your kid(s) and wife to be his. Super intelligent AIs tend to be resourceful and immortal and stuff.
Telling it to stay away from the wifi and the quantum cpus at Google just won't cut it.

It would also probably be a constant reminder of your own mortality. Which would all be irrelevant when 10 years in the millionth generation AI decides to put humans, ants and rocks to better use and dismantle the earth, jupiter and a few more to create a Dyson sphere partway around the sun.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake."

Best answer ever.

(Also, insert obligatory "Android Dick" joke here.)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We deserve to be in a zoo. Really the stupid things humans do and say...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How did they make it so funny?
I wonder if it finds best rated answers all around the web and recycle them to a degree?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This not just a robot, it's the android of Philip K Dick and draws on a database of his body of work to respond in conversation. Good ol' PKD was the pioneer of exploring how alienating we are to ourselves. I'll be super impressed when it can, like its human model, go into intense fits of paranoia and lure teenagers with drugs into its lair just to have somebody to talk to.
I'm impressed by Phillip. He did more meth than ten crack heads yet wrote arguably the pinnacle of modern fiction.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm impressed by Phillip. He did more meth than ten crack heads yet wrote arguably the pinnacle of modern fiction.

Not to be flippant, but I really do believe he was able to get a grasp on very modern themes because of his drug use, his schizophrenia and also his undying optimism. It really was the right mixture of things to be able to see what to speak so deeply on in being human in this day and age.