• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AI ROBOT TELLS HUMAN CREATORS IT WILL KEEP THEM IN "PEOPLE ZOO"

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not to be flippant, but I really do believe he was able to get a grasp on very modern themes because of his drug use, his schizophrenia and also his undying optimism. It really was the right mixture of things to be able to see what to speak so deeply on in being human in this day and age.

Without Phillip K. Dick, there is not Game of Thrones, Fight Club, or Mr. Robot...or anything of that nature. Philip K Dick has been criticized as he is the opposite of Shakespeare. Infinite meaning in a straight to the point prose that goes deeper than any plagiarizing of the Odyssey or Iliad covered with grand-eloquent old-English goulash.

If Shakespeare is a fancy led ball covered in gold embroider then Phillip K. Dick is a gold bar with the secret to the universe inside.

Not to be flippant either.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just as long as they don't put me in a exibit by myself behind those 1 way mirrors. I'll get all foamy, and people don't like me when I am foamy.

Nobody likes things other than cleaning products to get foamy.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like it somehow picked up banter, which is kinda scary in and of itself. Cool, but scary.

Lark

Probably not that different to the present then, although a definite upgrade for some people existing on the face of the earth.

Did anyone see that movie Colossus? I think that's what it was called, its about an AI in America which comes online at the same time as a USSR one and they collude, skynets of the world unite style, it was very public and declared itself.

Its much more likely that a real AI with any plans for world domination would do so easily, not publically and never raising suspiscions as to its existence, it was a secret plotline in Man Plus a novel about gross cybernetic engineering and terraforming of Mars.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he is a ESFJ so i wouldn't be surprised.

give_me_a_spit_take_skit.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Can't wait for the threads we'll have in a few years time:

"Android love, yay or nay?"

"Religion & Androids"

"Why people are still prejudiced against AI"

"Cheated on by an Android"

"My zoo doesn't have a toilet."

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can't wait for the threads we'll have in a few years time:

"Android love, yay or nay?"

"Religion & Androids"

"Why people are still prejudiced against AI"

"Cheated on by an Android"

"My zoo doesn't have a toilet."

lol, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not that different to the present then, although a definite upgrade for some people existing on the face of the earth.

Did anyone see that movie Colossus? I think that's what it was called, its about an AI in America which comes online at the same time as a USSR one and they collude, skynets of the world unite style, it was very public and declared itself.

Its much more likely that a real AI with any plans for world domination would do so easily, not publically and never raising suspiscions as to its existence, it was a secret plotline in Man Plus a novel about gross cybernetic engineering and terraforming of Mars.

I think AI overlords would likely see the human race as a threat itself and the planet. One potential positive outcome is that they might actually address and do something about the threat to the environment. I could see them replacing the human members of the corporate and government elite class and allowing the general population to continue living with the illusion that they are the masters of their society and destiny.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If we are not wild then are we not free?

That depends on what your definition of wild is and also on whether we truly have free will.

I like to think free will is wired into us but when I consider the idea of free will being something written into out genetic makeup then I have to wonder.

If our supposed freedom to choose, think, act, etc is determined by tangible, measurable things such as neural pathways, brain capacity, DNA, etc, then said freedom begins to look more like a characteristic of a very complicated set of programming, whether it be by natural design or divine design (although I don't think it makes much of a difference if divine or not).

A person could potentially have limitless choices or options, but no matter the path they take, they may be acting on their programming, even if nature has programmed them with a capacity for choosing from a near-infinite menu of options. The path they take, while it might seem to be the result of their free will, may be decided by countless factors, stimuli, considerations, both internal and external. It can look like free will but I don't know if it really is. So in that sense, I'm not sure if we are or ever have been truly free.

Forgive my amateurish attempt to answer your question. (If that can even be called an answer)