User Tag List

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default Skipping breakfast: How government nutritionists may have gotten it wrong

The science of skipping breakfast: How government nutritionists may have gotten it wrong - The Washington Post

The science of skipping breakfast: How government nutritionists may have gotten it wrong

By Peter Whoriskey
    August 10 at 8:00 AM

Researchers at a New York City hospital several years ago conducted a test of the widely accepted notion that skipping breakfast can make you fat.

For some nutritionists, this idea is an article of faith. Indeed, it is enshrined in the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, the federal government’s advice book, which recommends having breakfast every day because “not eating breakfast has been associated with excess body weight.”

As with many nutrition tips, though, including some offered by the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, the tidbit about skipping breakfast is based on scientific speculation, not certainty, and indeed, it may be completely unfounded, as the experiment in New York indicated.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    7 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

NEVER NEVER NEVER believe any nutritional or medical information coming from the government. The government is just full of satanic, super-corrupt criminals and idiots who bow down to the people that bribe them with the most money: corporations, banks, wall street, special interests. In fact just don't believe anything at all from the government. They're always lying and always looking to betray the general public and its interests as much as they possibly can.

For an example: the government released the polio vaccine knowing that it had a cancer causing virus in it, which made cancer rates skyrocket. Cancer was once uncommon in America. Now it's one of the top two causes of death. The US government is from hell.