• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the Universe Really Is A Hologram

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Universe Really Is a Hologram, According to New Simulations - Scientific American

"A team of physicists has provided some of the clearest evidence yet that our universe could be just one big projection.

In 1997, theoretical physicist Juan Maldacena proposed that an audacious model of the Universe in which gravity arises from infinitesimally thin, vibrating strings could be reinterpreted in terms of well-established physics. The mathematically intricate world of strings, which exist in nine dimensions of space plus one of time, would be merely a hologram: the real action would play out in a simpler, flatter cosmos where there is no gravity."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Old news, but funny you posted this since i was just thinking about this today(and a bit yesterday). To be more exact i thought about how this holographic universe could actually be inside of a black hole. Or something similar to what we think black holes are, while the black holes we observe would be either holes in the boundary of the holographic universe or then dimensions on the boundary which we cannot observe from our perspective. = the even horizon could be the same thing as the boundary of the holographic universe. We still being in what was said to be before the "big bang" would explain quite many things in physics.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't have an idea of what it means for our universe to be a hologram and the article helped me none. haha

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't have an idea of what it means for our universe to be a hologram and the article helped me none. haha

Think about like this; There is a border which we live in, that would look for the outsides like 2 dimensional paper. From this 2 dimensional object which we are in, everything you look at would look 3 dimensional, like we see the world now, but instead of things actually being like we see, what we see is just a holograph which just looks like 3 dimensional objects, but is actually holograph projected from the 2 dimensional paper.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Think about like this; There is a border which we live in, that would look for the outsides like 2 dimensional paper. From this 2 dimensional object which we are in, everything you look at would look 3 dimensional, like we see the world now, but instead of things actually being like we see, what we see is just a holograph which just looks like 3 dimensional objects, but is actually holograph projected from the 2 dimensional paper.

But how can we see 3D if things are 2D

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

is this some crazy isomorphism?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
But how can we see 3D if things are 2D

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

is this some crazy isomorphism?

Its not really 2d as you think 2d. What i said is just a way to visualize it better, since we humans cant really visualize other than 2 and 3d(and ofc 1d if you think of a dot).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Its not really 2d as you think 2d. What i said is just a way to visualize it better, since we humans cant really visualize other than 2 and 3d(and ofc 1d if you think of a dot).

Isn't a line 1D and a dot 0D?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The Universe Really Is a Hologram, According to New Simulations - Scientific American

"A team of physicists has provided some of the clearest evidence yet that our universe could be just one big projection.

In 1997, theoretical physicist Juan Maldacena proposed that an audacious model of the Universe in which gravity arises from infinitesimally thin, vibrating strings could be reinterpreted in terms of well-established physics. The mathematically intricate world of strings, which exist in nine dimensions of space plus one of time, would be merely a hologram: the real action would play out in a simpler, flatter cosmos where there is no gravity."

so in other terms...these flat tiny things play the biggest role in shaping our reality and these strings bind us to them...fu**ing a...I knew I Was Pinocchio....but who the hail storm is the puppet master and why is my gepedo broken?