First 12

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    I am currently working on a defrinting program to help out with various graphics packages. With any luck I just need to collaborate the data kilnots I have so far into some sort of mega-ilotbase then a bit of de-bugging, possibly some refragmenting (and maybe a whole load of lichnen sorting if it goes wrong and it should be complete and functioning
    lame!

If it doesn't include syscalls and various memory-management constructs, it's not a "real" program
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    lame!

If it doesn't include syscalls and various memory-management constructs, it's not a "real" program
    Pfft. A true programmer would know that syscalls can be shortcutted using simple and more efficient magluts, and memory-management constructs have become almost obsolete in recent months.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

I am currently working on a defrinting program to help out with various graphics packages. With any luck I just need to collaborate the data kilnots I have so far into some sort of mega-ilotbase then a bit of de-bugging, possibly some refragmenting (and maybe a whole load of lichnen sorting if it goes wrong and it should be complete and functioning
    Pfft. A true programmer would know that syscalls can be shortcutted using simple and more efficient magluts, and memory-management constructs have become almost obsolete in recent months.
    Do you win Balderdash often?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Do not always relate nerdness to sexieness, it really gets frustrating, when you sit for hours on quantum probability like <x-1>a<1-x> = P = a? and you finally managend to combine that with the relativistic impulse, what is E - pc=mc and you run with those great glowing eyes to your wife and explain it in detail, when she says: "ouh dear, you are so sexy when you explain things."

That IS really frustrating
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Am I the only one turned on by those who speak fluent nerdish or geeks of any variety?
    IMO, It's sexy when you get to observe them talking to each other about it or if they help me figure out/fix some problem with it that I can't figure out.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    (If I were a betting man, I would bet on Martoon winning this thread. Not sure how he would do it.)
    Well, now it'd be just silly of me to post anything to demonstrate otherwise, wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am trying to program a little 3D game at the moment, using the Irrlicht SDK programmed in cpp .
    It was written in CodeBlocks and compiled with the GNU Compiler.
    Not to evangelize too much, but have you looked at Ogre (instead of Irrlicht)? It's the most carefully designed open source rendering engine I've seen. We use it for our products at work, and it's been very good to us (as well as its forum and community).
    Getting aquianted with the Newton Dynamics SDK for that at the moment.
    Good call there.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Am I the only one turned on by those who speak fluent nerdish or geeks of any variety?
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    There seems to be a breed of NFs who are turned on by geekery speekz, even if they don't quite understand it. A few ladies (already paired off, unfortunately) in my local group are like that. Yes we do worship your kind
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    NOPE!!! :-)))) I love it, too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    IMO, It's sexy when you get to observe them talking to each other about it or if they help me figure out/fix some problem with it that I can't figure out.
    This, I really don't get. I mean, I can understand appreciating intelligence and raw analytical skills, but it baffles me that someone could see sex appeal in the applied technical geeking out. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Wow, what a coincidence. Me, too!
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.