• Evolution

20 95.24%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    My friend and I were talking about religion the other day and she brought up that she doesn't believe in evolution. I asked her why she didn't since there was so much evidence to support it and she told me that she wasn't alone in her beliefs and that in fact creationism is the more popular opinion, and that in order to be a christian you had to reject evolution.
    Scientific explanations like evolution are not to be believed. They are to be accepted on the basis of evidence, until disproven by more convincing evidence. Scientific inquiry is not a popularity contest. We don't identify causes for natural phenomena by majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Basically evolutionists and creationists need to fund physicists to build a time machine to prove once and for all who is right, and to make the losers stfu.
    But then the willfully ignorant would simply claim that God just made us think we had gone back in time and found the proof we sought, sort of like the end of Carl Sagan's novel Contact, or those people who claim the moon landings were faked.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Luke O, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Scientific explanations like evolution are not to be believed. They are to be accepted on the basis of evidence, until disproven by more convincing evidence. Scientific inquiry is not a popularity contest. We don't identify causes for natural phenomena by majority vote.

But then the willfully ignorant would simply claim that God just made us think we had gone back in time and found the proof we sought, sort of like the end of Carl Sagan's novel Contact, or those people who claim the moon landings were faked.
    I could take them to the future, so the future people can laugh at them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

At the time I'm writing this we have 100% votes for evolution. Given the nature of this forum, I'm not entirely surprised to see that. I'm not sure if this forum is representative of the worlds population as a whole.

I think creationism is popular in africa and the nearest - most hard line muslims seem to subscribe to it. I don't know about Russia, eastern Europe or India. i suspect China would come down on the side of evolution and whatever China does tends to be close to the close to the global average because they are so damn big they virtually are the global average.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I feel no sympathy when I say this: I think people that believe in creationism and deny evolution are fucking morons.

Evolution is a scientificly fully working theory, and proven fact on the molecular level. Period. There is no debate on this, and I do not engage or entertain debate with people who don't accept it. Because it isn't even a debate in the first place.
    Wow I can't believe how @Hard it is to disagree with you. I can only agree.
    What fucking idiots seriously believe in creationism? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Actually, that would mean that we evolve after every generation, so if someone could live forever, he wouldn't evolve.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Yeah the poll is definately leaning towards evolution, but some of the posts state that the users believe in creationism. It just makes me wonder, are those who believe in evolution more able to completely reject creationism better than those who believe in creationism being able to completely reject evolution? Does that have something to do with the emphasis society places on science today?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Wow I can't believe how @Hard it is to disagree with you. I can only agree.
    What fucking idiots seriously believe in creationism? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Actually, that would mean that we evolve after every generation, so if someone could live forever, he wouldn't evolve.
    Actually, I can quite well understand why people believe in creationism. When I spoke (which I should have been more clear) I was specifically referring to individuals who believe in creationism and additionally reject evolution. If someone wants to believe it, fine. I don't agree with it at all, but it can be non-impactful. The problem is when evolution is rejected.

Additionally, tagging me for the purposes of generating a pun while quoting me sends two notifications (which you did twice), and the sentiment is not appreciated. I see it as a form of harassment. Don't do it again.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Actually, I can quite well understand why people believe in creationism. When I spoke (which I should have been more clear) I was specifically referring to individuals who believe in creationism and additionally reject evolution. If someone wants to believe it, fine. I don't agree with it at all, but it can be non-impactful. The problem is when evolution is rejected.

Additionally, tagging me for the purposes of generating a pun while quoting me sends two notifications (which you did twice), and the sentiment is not appreciated. I see it as a form of harassment. Don't do it again.
    Let me make two things clear.

1. I'm chaotic. I take orders from nobody.
    But I'm not stupid. Chances are, if I do it another time, you're gonna report me, and I'll get another infraction. I don't want that.
    Despite this, I listen to logical reasoning, which is the only way to get me to do anything at all.

2. I love witty humor, and if you can't take a joke, deal with it.
    I see how you didn't like 2 same messages in your inbox, but seriously? That offended you?
    Literally all you have to do is click it away. Problem solved.

Also, isn't it funny how creating a forum lead to creating this thread, which lead to us arguing here?
    There's a possibility Creationism and Evolution (which is proven) are both real.
    MBTI:

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

What a cute thread.

Next time your friend brings up the question, you just give her a light nudge and, with a smile on your lips, say: Don't be silly...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah the poll is definately leaning towards evolution, but some of the posts state that the users believe in creationism. It just makes me wonder, are those who believe in evolution more able to completely reject creationism better than those who believe in creationism being able to completely reject evolution? Does that have something to do with the emphasis society places on science today?
    Well logically, whoever believes "God" created all animals and humans, would reject Evolution because it contradicts the bible, and thus their religion, which is priority in belief.
    However: A lot of people believe a "God" created the universe, and the Earth developed after time, leading to new species developing and thus evolving.

That's why I believe it's more likely for Evolutionists to accept Creationism and for Creationists to reject Evolution. Thoughts?
    MBTI:

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Let me make two things clear.

1. I'm chaotic. I take orders from nobody.
    But I'm not stupid. Chances are, if I do it another time, you're gonna report me, and I'll get another infraction. I don't want that.
    Despite this, I listen to logical reasoning, which is the only way to get me to do anything at all.

2. I love witty humor, and if you can't take a joke, deal with it.
    I see how you didn't like 2 same messages in your inbox, but seriously? That offended you?
    Literally all you have to do is click it away. Problem solved.

Also, isn't it funny how creating a forum lead to creating this thread, which lead to us arguing here?
    There's a possibility Creationism and Evolution (which is proven) are both real.
    Under the confines of the forum, you are going to have to comply with the rules and what mods dictate whether or not you like it. Too bad.

I was not offended, but the principle of the matter is not ok with me, you need to learn how to properly deal with others. It's pretty clear your intent was to get a rise, and while it was ineffective, I am not going to allow you to keep attempting to do so in that manner.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari