User Tag List

123 Last

heart on fire

Default The Post-Sex World

Pretty gross and disturbing silpery slope argument for genetic enhancement:

Men on a slippery slide in future hermaphrodite world

Julia Medew
    July 11, 2008

"I argue that, if these are our goals, we may do well to move towards a 'post-sex' humanity. Until we have the technology to produce genuine hermaphrodites, the most efficient way to do this is to use sex selection technology to ensure that only girl children are born. Girl babies therefore have a significantly more 'open' future than boy babies," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by FTFA
    "I don't think we're seriously looking at a world of only girl children just yet, but I do think that when philosophers start talking about using medical technology to achieve things that aren't about health, so increasing people's IQ or life expectancy for example, you have to ask why we shouldn't all be girls," he said.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, it would work wonders for world peace. Why not?

MBTI
    istp

In a speech titled Should human beings have sex?
    INTJ.
    No offense.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    Well, it would work wonders for world peace. Why not?
    Er..have you ever worked in an office full of nothing but women?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Er..have you ever worked in an office full of nothing but women?
    I mean on a global scale. Would there be a female Kim Jong Il?

heart on fire

You think women cannot be aggressive? Abusive?

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    iNFj

I doubt it will ever happen since Men are needed in some aspects. All though there was a graphic novel about if a sickness came down and killed all the men except one and his male monkey. But that's neither here nor there. I'm just saying that that line of thought will never work in the real word. It may sound good on paper and in theory, but it would never work in practice.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Seriously - alpha females are a thousand times worse than alpha males and about a thousand times more destructive.

Perhaps it does not happen as often - I cannot really say - but when it does happen, watch out!!!

See, the problem is that when a man hates a man, he will come out and say, "Listen, you bastard! Stop being an asshole!!!" Then they might fight it out with words, fists, or ideas, whatever....Someone wins....The ranking is established, and that's the end of it. Until the next thing.

When women hate each other, they smile and giggle and say cute things to each other. Then they leave and one of the women turns to her friend and says, "What a complete bitch! How can we destroy her career/relationship?!" She will wait and stab the other person in the back with words, ideas, or circumstances (though, admittedly, generally not with an actual knife, but this pseudo-knife is a thousand times worse than any punch).

Same thing with men-women relationships. Men sit together in a room and they go on and on and on about their women, cars, blah blah blah, trying to decide who is top dog. Then they sometimes have a little battle to decide who is best, but that's it. Decided, finished, out.

Women who are alpha are mean bitches with an attitude. They have to prove they are a THOUSAND times better than men, so they are like a THOUSAND times more aggressive, saucy, and independent. This behavior often shoots the woman in the foot because she cannot compromise or work together with others - she is so adamant on proving how independent she is and how she can do everything. At the end, she does not get promoted and might even get fired - not because she isn't smart and doesn't have good ideas (sometimes she is smarter and better than the men) but just because she makes herself into a complete arghghghghghghghgh so that no one WANTS to work with her.

Before you ladies start in on me, I am a woman myself. Totally beta. Sorry ladies, but I had to be honest. I'm not referring to beta women, or healthy alphas, or healthy, well-developed women with character. I'm talking about power-hungry, unhealthy alpha females.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Seriously - alpha females are a thousand times worse than alpha males and about a thousand times more destructive.

Perhaps it does not happen as often - I cannot really say - but when it does happen, watch out!!!
    Indira Gandhi was a terrible person and a terrible world leader. She restricted people's civil rights like the best of 'em. The only reason she stopped is because her bodyguards took her out. Thank God!
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.