• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robots are taking over the world. OUR world.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Check this out - it's the most realistic and interesting depiction of the future I've seen so far.

He lost me when he said re: Google "you had to type correctly" as if it were a bad thing. The thing that pisses me off about Google is that it DOESN'T work that way anymore and therefore pollutes all the returns with irrelevant data because it expects you to be incompetent.

Edit:
It's especially annoying given that with sufficient skill you could use Google to find a needle in a haystack back in the day but they've taken away all options to use skill. They didn't just make it easy to use, they decided to fuck everyone who actually knew how to use it well. Now you can't find a needle in a stack of needles with it.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=24343]Dopa[/MENTION]

Although he does illustrate one point indirectly: machines are more efficient than humans because humans don't make any effing sense.

Intuition only gets you so far. Machine language takes a little bit to learn but afterwards is entirely predictable and objective. Once you learn to talk to the machine you never have to wonder whether it will understand you. You can laser in on what you want with pinpoint accuracy without all this subjective feelery bullcrap.

Machines just work. Trying to make them think like humans is handicapping the machine.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The singularity is upon us. Whatever can happen probably will happen (Murphy's Law).