User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 157

  1. #121
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    That's not that creepy. If you'd said "You got a real purty mouth," that'd be creepy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #122
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Maybe the venue could be changed to accommodate. There is time after all.

  3. #123
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Also I'm reading over my posts in this thread since page 1, and I've been mostly constructive and nothing like how you haters have tried to paint me on the last two or three pages. I got a little annoyed. Big deal.

    I don't deserve the flak I got, you're wrong about me, and I can't be bothered to correct you.

  4. #124
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Also I'm reading over my posts in this thread since page 1, and I've been mostly constructive and nothing like how you haters have tried to paint me on the last two or three pages. I got a little annoyed. Big deal.

    I don't deserve the flak I got, you're wrong about me, and I can't be bothered to correct you.
    Well this definitely doesn't help your image at all.

    To be perfectly honest I find your manner of speaking on topics like this as pretentious, haughty, snobbish, and needlessly stubborn. To my knowledge you have said you are a high school drop out who ended up working in the dotcom startup industry years back. As such, not involved or well versed in the scientific community. Based off that, and your approach, I have a difficult time taking you seriously even if I agree. It's largely why I have ignored posts you make on this stuff and just let others deal with it.

    As such, I can not fault anyone for reacting the way they did to you, and if anything this post of yours justifies their responses
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  5. #125
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Well this definitely doesn't help your image at all.

    To be perfectly honest I find your manner of speaking on topics like this as pretentious, haughty, snobbish, and needlessly stubborn. To my knowledge you have said you are a high school drop out who ended up working in the dotcom startup industry years back. As such, not involved or well versed in the scientific community. Based off that, and your approach, I have a difficult time taking you seriously even if I agree. It's largely why I have ignored posts you make on this stuff and just let others deal with it.

    As such, I can not fault anyone for reacting the way they did to you, and if anything this post of yours justifies their responses
    The point I was trying to get across is that anyone can do science and that it isn't actually pretentious, but people make it so.

    You either dedicate to understanding it or you don't. There really is no 'field'. Where were the scientists before there were scientists?

    I can be pretentious, overbearing, nasty and rude. I admit it. But when people accuse me of things I did not say, and put words in my mouth, they go too far.

  6. #126
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    @Hard

    Also more to the point, I gave that private information mainly to prove that if I can get into this stuff, then anyone can. But I see how you judge me now for being honest (and I'm the one who is pretentious? seriously?) TBH I don't think understanding science gets any easier than it does now.

    If I hadn't been honest people would probably still be liking my posts and kissing my ass. But suddenly now I'm a nobody, and that's how people work, and that is why I don't need you. As far as I'm concerned you prove my points.

    And not taking me seriously is a real hoot when I've been tolerating the hell out of some of you for ages now.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  7. #127
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    The point I was trying to get across is that anyone can do science and that it isn't actually pretentious, but people make it so.

    You either dedicate to understanding it or you don't. There really is no 'field'. Where were the scientists before there were scientists?

    I can be pretentious, overbearing, nasty and rude. I admit it. But when people accuse me of things I did not say, and put words in my mouth, they go too far.

    Also more to the point, I gave that private information mainly to prove that if I can get into this stuff, then anyone can. But I see how you judge me now for being honest (and I'm the one who is pretentious? seriously?) TBH I don't think understanding science gets any easier than it does now.

    If I hadn't been honest people would probably still be liking my posts and kissing my ass. But suddenly now I'm a nobody, and that's how people work, and that is why I don't need you. As far as I'm concerned you prove my points.
    Actually, I don't agree here. Not everyone can do science, and there are points and times where people should not over-involve themselves in matters where they do not have the ability or comprehend what is going on at the levels that are required. The reason for this is it can result in misinformation spreading which, for me and a lot of scientist anyway, is one of the major issues we feel must be combated with. There absolutely is a scientific field. To deny such a thing is actually rather asinine. People can learn to become part of it if they put in the effort and contribute to it in a meaningful manner. I.E. by working in the profession, working as a professional advocate, etc. Outside of those sorts of realms is merely a public position. As has been discussed it is their responsibility to stay educated. Or, stay out of it and not try to battle something they do not understand.

    As far as being rude, being pushed against is not an excuse for doing so. It ultimately ends up appearing like a temper tantrum a lot of the time.

    I understand you gave that information to prove a point. The only time I will judge someone for their credentials (or lack their of) is when their behavior, knowledge, arguments and what not back up what they have/don't have. In your case, it appears to me like you are more informed than most would with your level of knowledge. However, as I said it does appear somewhat out of touch and your lack of being in the scientific field explains why that it is. I'm not judging you in a good or bad way in that regard, it simply explains what is observed. If you want to take offense from that then that's your prerogative.

    If I like a post, it's because I like a post. It's as simple as that and it seems like most people here follow that notion. You've said things that I occasionally agree with, at other times I don't. With that said, you approach this topic so aggressively with a lot of underboiled anger that I really have just been unable to make sense of. It think that is what some people might be getting upset with.

    But as far as tone. If you come across like a butthurt jerk, then people are going to treat you like a butthurt jerk, and you shouldn't expect anything else from that. In a way it's ironic; one of the issues brought up as the basis for this thread is the manner in which science and information needs to be communicated. It's really important. The way in which you converse with others, matters as well. If it comes across wrong, it won't be taken in by others properly or the ways in which you want, no matter how correct or incorrect it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles
    And not taking me seriously is a real hoot when I've been tolerating the hell out of some of you for ages now.
    Ok this is just pathetic. Just because you "tolerate" us, means we have to tolerate you? Nuh uh, that's not how it works, and this sort of guilt tripping actually works against what you would be trying to seek. No one's gonna take you seriously. Besides, no one is a mind-reader and is not able to divine if someone is tolerating another person or not. It's therefore illogical to expect such a thing in which they can not see or know without being informed.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #128
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Actually, I don't agree here. Not everyone can do science, and there are points and times where people should not over-involve themselves in matters where they do not have the ability or comprehend what is going on at the levels that are required. The reason for this is it can result in misinformation spreading which, for me and a lot of scientist anyway, is one of the major issues we feel must be combated with. There absolutely is a scientific field. To deny such a thing is actually rather asinine. People can learn to become part of it if they put in the effort and contribute to it in a meaningful manner. I.E. by working in the profession, working as a professional advocate, etc. Outside of those sorts of realms is merely a public position. As has been discussed it is their responsibility to stay educated. Or, stay out of it and not try to battle something they do not understand.

    As far as being rude, being pushed against is not an excuse for doing so. It ultimately ends up appearing like a temper tantrum a lot of the time.

    I understand you gave that information to prove a point. The only time I will judge someone for their credentials (or lack their of) is when their behavior, knowledge, arguments and what not back up what they have/don't have. In your case, it appears to me like you are more informed than most would with your level of knowledge. However, as I said it does appear somewhat out of touch and your lack of being in the scientific field explains why that it is. I'm not judging you in a good or bad way in that regard, it simply explains what is observed. If you want to take offense from that then that's your prerogative.

    If I like a post, it's because I like a post. It's as simple as that and it seems like most people here follow that notion. You've said things that I occasionally agree with, at other times I don't. With that said, you approach this topic so aggressively with a lot of underboiled anger that I really have just been unable to make sense of. It think that is what some people might be getting upset with.

    But as far as tone. If you come across like a butthurt jerk, then people are going to treat you like a butthurt jerk, and you shouldn't expect anything else from that. In a way it's ironic; one of the issues brought up as the basis for this thread is the manner in which science and information needs to be communicated. It's really important. The way in which you converse with others, matters as well. If it comes across wrong, it won't be taken in by others properly or the ways in which you want, no matter how correct or incorrect it is.



    Ok this is just pathetic. Just because you "tolerate" us, means we have to tolerate you? Nuh uh, that's not how it works, and this sort of guilt tripping actually works against what you would be trying to seek. No one's gonna take you seriously. Besides, no one is a mind-reader and is not able to divine if someone is tolerating another person or not. It's therefore illogical to expect such a thing in which they can not see or know without being informed.
    You're speaking to me with sense and I can totally appreciate that. You make valid points here.

    However it may or may not matter as I've just requested a ban for myself.

  9. #129
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    You're speaking to me with sense and I can totally appreciate that. You make valid points here.

    However it may or may not matter as I've just requested a ban for myself.
    Why? Just take a vacation if you don't want to stay with us...
    I'll be glad to welcome you back when you are ready.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  10. #130
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Why? Just take a vacation if you don't want to stay with us...
    I'll be glad to welcome you back when you are ready.
    I thought what I did was bad enough to warrant it.

    I was told by a mod that it's not that bad and I didn't actually break any rules.

    I accept this decision. The end. Let it lie please.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] why is introverted intuition so hard to verbolize?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2015, 11:46 AM
  2. Why does my generation find it so hard to grow up?
    By Lightyear in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 05:39 AM
  3. Why are we so attracted to misfortune?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 11:44 PM
  4. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO