User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Spaceprobes

Look at this photograph.

Can you see the white dot in the middle? Open the photo in another window or tab of your browser if you have to.

Know what it is? It's the Curiosity rover. The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter took that photograph in April.

Today NASA announced that Mars has liquid water on its surface.

Photos from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter taken since the start of the mission showed evidence of water flow, but the NASA scientists were very reticent to attribute it to actual liquid water. Using a spectrometer on the MRO they have now proven that the flow is briny water, still liquid at temperatures as low as -23 °c because of the concentration of salts in the mixture reducing the freezing point.

Water on Mars: Nasa reveals briny flows on surface - as it happened | Science | The Guardian

This is the first time liquid water has ever been conclusively proven to exist on another planet.
    Likes Kas, Punderstorm, Cellmold liked this post

Default NASA's Many Space Explorations

This Poster Beautifully Details Humankind's [read nasa's] Many Space Explorations

click image to enlarge

Neat design, hard to read even with the zoom, but after all, they are trying to sell posters. I wish it really was all of humankind's spaceprobes.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    This Poster Beautifully Details Humankind's [read nasa's] Many Space Explorations

click image to enlarge

Neat design, hard to read even with the zoom, but after all, they are trying to sell posters. I wish it really was all of humankind's spaceprobes.

Delicious!!

Marvelous!!!
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Humans are idiots it seems, by now we should have landed at least one probe on every object with diameter above 200 kilometers in the solar system. Instead, we continue wasting time.
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

V'Ger will return
    INFP 5w4, 9w8, 3w4

Fi > Ti > Ne > Ni > Si > Te > Se > Fe
    Likes Osprey liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    It might not be all of humankind's spaceprobes but it's definitely more than just NASA's. Most of the Venusian probes were Soviet; starting from the bottom left I see many of the Venera probes are pictured, as well as the Japanese IKAROS. Among the pictured lunar probes I see the Soviet Luna probes and the Lunokhod rover, the Japanese SELENE, the Chinese Chang'e and the Indian Chandrayaan. I can see some of the European probes, like Huygens (which went to Titan) and Rosetta & Philae (studying Comet "67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko").

Likes Vasilisa liked this post

Default NASA Juno Mission Trailer

Movie Trailer Style!

Juno | NASA

Mission Juno
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism
    Likes 93JC, lumi liked this post