• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Warpdrive anyone?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, bored as I am I was looking around the internets and found this. I wonder where they'll stuff the fuel...

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Always amazing to see open mindedness and progressive thinking like this. +1 cookies for you!

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Does space-time exist only because we as humans say it does? What I mean is, we created time, as well as physics. So, shouldn't we be able to manipulate them?

I'm likely to get shot down if I were to say that we could in fact manipulate physics, therefore alter space time!

Magnetic energy is an infinite amount of power, a 1 inch by 1 inch magnetic cube has more force than the Earth does... Seriously,... Don't laugh it off, you should really think about that for a minute!!

What would happen if you created a low enough frequency through vibration, that it makes any object "float"... Much like objects in space. Throw in some type of alpha magnetic system(alpha accelerator?)and a 33'x33'x33' tetrahedral shaped ship for good looks!... ;) Basically, the opposite of a gravitron! The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance - Nuclear and Plasma Physics

Gravity has such a hindering affect, so much that it acts like a counteractive energy... You need tremendous amounts of repelling energy to escape Earth's gravity. If we could use magnets to repel/attract ships to and from the "dark energy".... Put into simple terms... Dark energy is a form of Magnetic energy. Considering science has proved that you can bend light with magnetics, you can in turn accelerate it with the same force!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You're hitting on a lot of points here, Demigod.

Space-time exists. Think of it as you would a celestial address. Coordinates to describe position.

Gravity, too. Measured in gravitons; thought to be 5th dimensional in nature.

Warpdrive might not be best expressed as a velocity-based problem, as the level of energy required to enter light-speed would be almost infinite.

No - I'd imagine the issue is instead one of geography and how well we understand space-time...

As far as manipulating physics, I'm not sure what you mean.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
raised_eyebrow.jpg

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, who wants to test the first one?

sounds like runvardh wants to.

:yes: :D

Magnetic energy is an infinite amount of power, a 1 inch by 1 inch magnetic cube has more force than the Earth does... Seriously,... Don't laugh it off, you should really think about that for a minute!!

It's called the Casmir effect and is at times alluded to as vacuum energy. I had forgotten about this, but the issue with that is we haven't managed to use enough of what's there yet - no laughing here though.

O

Oberon

PinkPiranha's Bump Toad already has FTL capability. It uses...

...wait for it...

BWORP DRIVE!

:rofl1: