• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guys! I love you! Just in case Cern FUBERS!

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Soon CERN will conduct an experiment by colliding particles to recreate a mini big bang.

In case they rip through the fabric of reality and create a black hole, I want to say that I love you and peace be to you all!

Good luck! We might be caught on the borders of total annihilation and delayed time lag so in case that happens make sure to do the robot walk for shits and giggles!

Feel free to discuss how you feel or what you think about this before it's too late!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, eff. Well, it was nice knowing you.

Also, I'm not saying I believe a creator was responsible for the Big Bang, but I wonder if it's occurred to the CERN scientists that by trying to reproduce it, they're sorta kinda placing themselves in the role of a creator. Food for thought, anyway.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, eff. Well, it was nice knowing you.

Also, I'm not saying I believe a creator was responsible for the Big Bang, but I wonder if it's occurred to the CERN scientists that by trying to reproduce it, they're sorta kinda placing themselves in the role of a creator. Food for thought, anyway.

like the Simpsons episode where Bart or Lisa puts a coin in coke and creates a colony of noobs!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
like the Simpsons episode where Bart or Lisa puts a coin in coke and creates a colony of noobs!
Hahaha, YES! I love that one. I think it was a tooth in Coke, but yeah. "We have heard you since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imitute you exarctly!"

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hahaha, YES! I love that one. I think it was a tooth in Coke, but yeah. "We have heard you since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imitute you exarctly!"

trying to find it on you tube. Simpsons is surprisingly underrepresented on you tube. I wonder if it's for copyright reasons. Doesn't matter! The Big BANG IS COMING! (puts on his Paul Revere styled garb and rides his undead horse)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well damn... I guess now I get to cheat on my diet!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the heads up, XXXO! Now that I know, I will continue to live my life as if the world will end tomorrow.

...For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night...

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Death is who we are, bring it on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I eat little big bangs for breakfast and come back for second breakfastes.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know whats funny. This:

cern_shiva.jpg

Its a statue in the yard of cern of shiva performing nataraja dance( Nataraja - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) to destroy the universe in order to start the creation again. I have been laughing at this for some quite a while :D

edit. nvm it was mentioned on the video as well

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
They've already done an uncountable number of particle collisions. Some were worried this could happen before and it hasn't.

What they mean by creating the Big Bang is that they're knocking particles together at high velocity to see what comes off in the debris from the collision pretty much, and they've already had millions of little Big Bangs. There's only so many ways you can bang stuff together (mainly one, which is banging stuff together) and all they really did is up the power.

Chthonic

edit. nvm it was mentioned on the video as well

What was conveniently left out is that Shiva isn't a demon, but an enlightened Yogi and his destruction is the destruction of the ego and illusion. He is the gate keeper of higher consciousness. So it makes sense he would be venerated in a scientific organisation that see themselves as bringing humanity out of ignorance.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Also really, if the Big Bang is a creative force, then why would it destroy anything?

Theory says the Big Bang created the Higgs field, bosons, dark matter etc. but that stuff is already here anyway so what's the worst that could happen? I guess the problem is that we don't actually know what could happen. We literally don't know, and that's why it's being done to find out.

Could it destroy the universe? Maybe. I find it unlikely though since most of what we could expect to find from a Big Bang is already here according to theory. We're just trying to see what is there.

Chthonic

so what's the worst that could happen? I guess the problem is that we don't actually know what could happen. We literally don't know, and that's why it's being done to find out.

My personal point of view is that the worst that could happen is human's figure out how to spawn their own little pet universes without actually having the emotional and spiritual maturity to not exploit them. It would make bypassing our current issues too easy and once again save us the trouble of having to evolve and better ourselves first.