User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah say that people need explanations then bite the hand that feeds you and argue about it when you get some explanations but don't like the explanation that you got, or if it doesn't sit right with you then it isn't from 'real' scientists, then wonder why nobody wants to waste their flipping time.

There's an RC theologian who had to write a book against geocentricism just this year or something like that so it kind of shows the old differences die hard. Its a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah say that people need explanations then bite the hand that feeds you and argue about it when you get some explanations but don't like the explanation that you got, or if it doesn't sit right with you then it isn't from 'real' scientists, then wonder why nobody wants to waste their flipping time.
    Every inch the feeling reaction to differences of opinion there.

You know that there's nothing like the consensus among scientists which you suppose exists here between scientists and non-scientists and its a good thing.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Every inch the feeling reaction to differences of opinion there.

You know that there's nothing like the consensus among scientists which you suppose exists here between scientists and non-scientists and its a good thing.
    You're talking to me.

Consensus is irrelevant to what I was saying. Consensus is an incidental consequence that doesn't even mean something is right or not. But when a consensus happens to be wrong it'll be a different consensus which overrules it. Argumentum ad populum may be a fallacy but letting a singular source railroad everyone is even worse.

You're talking to me.

Consensus is irrelevant to what I was saying. Consensus is an incidental consequence that doesn't even mean something is right or not. But when a consensus happens to be wrong it'll be a different consensus which overrules it. Argumentum ad populum may be a fallacy but letting a singular source railroad everyone is even worse.
    I regret it every time.

MBTI
    INFJ

I regret it every time.
    Then stop. I didn't ask for you to talk to me. You imposed yourself. By doing this knowingly you disrespect both of us.

Then stop. I didn't ask for you to talk to me. You imposed yourself. By doing this knowingly you disrespect both of us.
    Sometimes your thinking is so broken its hard to ignore.

Now, you'll be needing the last word if memory serves, make it a good one, go for profound and some how triumphant. That's never embarrassing if you realise your error and read it back with the full passage of time.

Now, you'll be needing the last word if memory serves, make it a good one, go for profound and some how triumphant. That's never embarrassing if you realise your error and read it back with the full passage of time.

I get a kick out of you, Lark. You so poignantly explain your own obnoxious behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I get a kick out of you, Lark. You so poignantly explain your own obnoxious behaviour.
    Its good to see how you frame things. Whatever works for you because I see it as precisely the converse.

Your information is wrong but I'm well used to that by this point.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's pointless to come out of the blue and reiterate to me what I already know you think about me.

It's like you believe I'll be normalized. I'll be embarrassed. See the error of my ways. You're wrong about that, I regret nothing.

This served no purpose but to stir me up. Poking the pile when it is at rest and wasn't bothering you is ridiculous. I didn't need yet another unwarranted character evaluation from you.