User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As long as they are cute
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I honestly didn't read anything in this thread other than the title. I've been thinking the same exact thing ever since I was a child. Maybe I watched too many science fiction movies over the years, two examples being The Matrix saga and The Terminator saga, but my opinion is set that the more humanity depends on technology to do essentially everything on our behalf, the closer we are getting to our own demise, and of course if that happens, it's going to be our fault and we cannot blame the technology because the technology was made from us, and to reject any responsibility is to reject the reality of the threat and the cause of the threat. Then you might as well say that you should not be taken seriously by anybody. Although unfortunately, it's too late for us to do anything now. Humanity has decided that technology makes better decisions than humans. Protecting people simply is not a possibility, but protecting yourself or those that are willing to consider your way of thinking, that is certainly a possibility. All you need to do is take steps to make sure that you're not going to be a victim of technology when it betrays those who created it in the first place.
    ESFJ 6w5-9w8-2w3 sp/so

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Machine learning algorithms are taught by data of a human's performance in the task. Somehow the data, generated by the worker, becomes property of the AI programmer and not of the worker. If the skills can be stolen, they will be stolen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs View Post
    between ufo's flying over nuclear weapons bases, super-intelligent robots rising up against humanity and islamic jihad, I think it's safe to say the world is fucked.
    Islamic jihad is the dumbest world ending threat ever. If the West handled islamic jihadists the same way they try to handle the West, 90% of them would be gone in less than a month, and there would be little to no islamic terror acts in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I doubt robots will suddenly rise up and take over on their own accord. Just because they have intelligence doesn't mean they will have ambition or compunction to control anything.
    Unless of course someone programs them to have ambition and whatever other naughty things. In fact, you don't even have to program AI to have ambition - I would imagine if you just program a sophisticated AI to learn from a human mind, it will self programs those traits all by itself. Or like that old sci-fi meme: Government programs an AI to protect humans from all threats, AI deduces that humans are threats to other humans, so it either enslaves humans or starts to eliminate them.

There will always be someone pushing the boundaries:

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I think we should be more concerned about ethical use of technology. Not necessarily pertianing to AI, but also to information science and nanotechnology.

There are some limits which shouldn't be crossed, yet they are for example computer chips implanted in people's hands. Its all well and good when its voluntary, but if becomes a way of life and you can't open your own door without a chip implanted in your wrist because old fashioned lock and key has become obsolete, it leads to the question of when and where we should draw the line.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, JAVO liked this post

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I honestly didn't read anything in this thread other than the title. I've been thinking the same exact thing ever since I was a child. Maybe I watched too many science fiction movies over the years, two examples being The Matrix saga and The Terminator saga, but my opinion is set that the more humanity depends on technology to do essentially everything on our behalf, the closer we are getting to our own demise, and of course if that happens, it's going to be our fault and we cannot blame the technology because the technology was made from us, and to reject any responsibility is to reject the reality of the threat and the cause of the threat. Then you might as well say that you should not be taken seriously by anybody. Although unfortunately, it's too late for us to do anything now. Humanity has decided that technology makes better decisions than humans. Protecting people simply is not a possibility, but protecting yourself or those that are willing to consider your way of thinking, that is certainly a possibility. All you need to do is take steps to make sure that you're not going to be a victim of technology when it betrays those who created it in the first place.
    I don't think its too late to reverse the process of technology making decisions for humans, but I just don't see how we will. We are too dependent on technology, mainly due to economic reasons.
    Likes Quint liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Waiting for the first made A.I. Islamic jihadist. Let's get the party started. Self-destruct mode on point.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Top Secret Screen Capture of North Korean AI Output

More explosions.
    More threats.
    Please wait while Windows 95 updates your computer...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I don't think its too late to reverse the process of technology making decisions for humans, but I just don't see how we will. We are too dependent on technology, mainly due to economic reasons.
    Hate to say it but it will be the dumb f*cks (to intellectuals) who will be in control of this shit. Why? Because ideas are best understood and translated in real time not on paper. But! Process is slow. It's not some 1% conspiracy. Mainly applications that can be applied in multi-formats that have purpose...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Steven Hawkings is just saying this for attention.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher