User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    9w1 sx/so
    EII Ne

Hmm... to those who are criticizing that drug, I'm not so sure that it wouldn't be a suitable punishment for criminals, especially those who have committed more serious crimes like rape or murder. First off, as the presenter mentioned in the video, it would save everyone a lot of time and money in the process. And second, I think a millennium's worth of thoughts in the mind of a prisoner could do one of two things:

1) Drive that person crazy (in my opinion, insanity is so much worse than death), or

2) Give him/her the "time" needed to think over the crime, to regret and to repent.

So if the drug proves to be successful, I'm all in favor of it being used for this purpose.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS:,

This is a very interesting idea, but I suspect that 1,000 years of compressed time would not in fact result in a millenium's worth of self-reflection; it'd probably be like being sleep deprived and/or amped up on too much caffeine.

That said, an inmate might do some serious self-reflection after recovering from the hell of a millennium of sleep deprivation. I know I would!

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Imagine reconnecting with your friends and loved ones after feeling like you've been away for 1,000 years. They would probably think you're crazy.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

great at parties Array boomslang's Avatar
    8w9 sx/sp
    ENTj Ni

Considering no human has lived to 200, let alone 1000+, I don't think this'd be a particularly great idea. I imagine an actual drug like this would not make 8 hours feel like 1000 years, though.