User Tag List

View Poll Results: I know we are in the middle of the earths sixth mass extinction

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    9 100.00%
  • no

    0 0%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 26

  1. #11
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,186

    Default

    I was aware of the event and our role in it.

    Somewhere around 99 percent of all species that have ever lived are now extinct due to mass extinction events. In fact, the last extinction event (K-Pg) wiped out most of the species that were hanging around at the time. Nature then took the evolutionary reins and gave us some new species in its wake.

    This event is unique in that one species is playing a huge role in it. This event is unique to us because we're currently part of the ecological system, but more importantly because we're a significant cause of it.

    What are the implications? Do we have a moral obligation to protect other species, because of our special capacity to do so? Does this mass extinction have negative ecological effects? Would any negative consequences bite humanity in the ass later on? Are we, as a product of evolution just as are all other species, simply part of the natural cycle?

    I mean all of these questions in the most neutral way possible. Making a good, sound moral judgment of our part hinges upon them, which itself is important because it would contribute to a course of action (if any).

    But just as we're allowed to mourn the deaths of individuals within a species, including our own, we're allowed to mourn the death of a species as a whole; regardless of the answers to these questions.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Thalassa, Ivy, Qre:us liked this post

  2. #12
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Your tone for this thread comes across as really belittling and snooty, and is really off putting. Yes I am aware. Most people aren't aware because the process is rather slow and rolling.
    True. I don't even want to answer the question with the tone that @marmatoni used in creating this thread.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  3. #13
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  4. #14
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Why 6th? Because some "expert" said so? Seems rather arbitrary to me. I demand testimonial evidence.

  5. #15
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    I feel like duh, right?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  6. #16
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    3 billion people know the other 2 don't cuz they don't get the news paper
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes chickpea, Cellmold liked this post

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm having a little trouble with the wording here. Are you meaning that you think a genocide is more or less inevitable and will occur at the hands of someone or an organization to kill individuals who are "uninformed" (as you put it)? Or are you suggesting that such a thing is necessary and morally justified because of the nature of the world and how you currently see it?
    I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying if it were to happen I could see it being very easily morally justified, especially since people who are part of the problem instead of part of the solution might be viewed as being efficiently disposed of, since it's probably best to get rid of someone, since the world is overpopulated and the problem is intensified by the population (we have killed off half our wildlife within a mere forty years, the population has doubled in 35).

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Why 6th? Because some "expert" said so? Seems rather arbitrary to me. I demand testimonial evidence.
    It's not that difficult to find the information out there.

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Your tone for this thread comes across as really belittling and snooty, and is really off putting. Yes I am aware. Most people aren't aware because the process is rather slow and rolling. It's not like a natural disaster such as a hurricane where the effects are easy to see and present. Sadly, there isn't a darn thing we can do to stop this. The world is much too entrenched with how it currently works and there is not a single chance society is going to begin to organize and uproot for it. Things will have to get unfathomably bad before it does. Luckily for us, I don't think the most serious of effects will hit us in our lifetime.

    You're wrong, it's man made and we can take action to stop it. If you would like to stop mansplaining to me about my "tone" maybe you could actually do some research.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    True. I don't even want to answer the question with the tone that @marmatoni used in creating this thread.
    Just put me on ignore. I get tired of your passive aggressive comments, I know you don't like me, you have nothing of real value to say other than criticizing my tone, I have long suspected you of being an ISFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Guys I dont know how many of you are parents but
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
  2. How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?
    By Hellokittykitty in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:51 AM
  3. What happens if you are in the middle?
    By Jon_sparky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
  4. How many of you are "real" atheists ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
  5. [SJ] SJs : how many of you are Okay with factory-job?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO