User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    in elementary school one of my class mates had 5 sisters and the reason is they wanted to carry on the last name of the family so they kept having kids til they got a boy and same with one of my friends she was the 3rd of 6 all but the youngest was a boy, but her parents were gonna keep having kids til they had a boy (the south is weird sometimes)
    I hope the boy changes/changed his last name.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

China has had a different sort of preference profile in terms of the sex of children for a long time, to the point were they have reached a tipping point which may threaten the continuity of their ethnicity, its natural consequences.

On the topic of designer babies and choosing what sex of a baby to have I would think that its fine, within reason, provided no one is trying to breed some monstrosity with three asses or something.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I hope the boy changes/changed his last name.
    i was sort of hoping they ended up gay and take their husbands name, which i guess would be what you're talking about
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

For a second I thought this was gonna be about if your child was born intersex.

I feel bad for her sons.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

There's... something cool about having both genders. Everyone went so bananas about my sister having both a girl and a boy first try around each. My other sister really wanted a girl, ended up with a boy, she likes them just fine now, though she's considering trying a third time more for baby-frenzy than for girl-status. It's really cool experiencing both sexes. I can see the desire for it as a parent. It's not for everyone, but I can definitely see it being for some. I had both sexes growing up around me, and I'm ever-thankful for having a brother.

However. Jeezus. What a load of immaturity, and yeah I really do feel bad for their sons. "Oohh.. just a boy.. waah.." that's the first thing you look at when you see your kid on the screen is what a LOSS you have? What a fucking joke. I hope they end up good parents to them all.. but I have a feeling that daughter will be a prize bitch for all the coddling and fawning these parents will do about her. She's going to have it rough no matter what. 'I wanna walk her down the aisle..'.. She'll be pressured into marriage before she's even out of high school. And nothing guarantees you get to bond with your children like that. You have to be compatible for that sort of connection, it isn't innate. I feel pretty bad for this little girl.

Maybe this is just the superstitious part of me... but when you try SO hard to make something happen.. you usually end up cracking some eggs along the way trying to blaze a trail in the direction you want to go. So after they recover from that massive debt, I sure hope karma doesn't reach right around there and swipe all the money they poured into this.

This thing raises a lot of ethical questions. For science, children, and the ever-lasting battle of equality among the sexes.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Of course there are lots of ethical questions in regards to this, and some medical organizations oppose this kind of gender screening, for everything from putting stress on the mother's body and the embryo (it's not without risk) as well as reinforcing/exacerbating cultural undercurrents that commoditize children in an unregulated industry.
    I've only read the OP, so here goes my thoughts....

Australian's have extreme levels of entitlement, thinking they are entitled to genetically engineer their own little mini-me's is just a manifestation of this cultural expectation that nothing should ever run off plan. My life should be perfect and when it isn't, godammit I'm going to spend obscene amounts of money to put that right. Yes, lets not learn to temper our expectations at all, or fulfill our own needs. Instead lets race around the world looking for a solution to the problem of needing to grow up.

Depression because she has healthy sons? Far out get some perspective.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Not wanting a baby because of its sex?

Are you insane?
    Do you not have a soul?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    For a second I thought this was gonna be about if your child was born intersex.
    That's what I clicked on this thread ready to discuss.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I feel bad for their three sons.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Not wanting a baby because of its sex?

Are you insane?
    Do you not have a soul?
    what if you don't want sex because of baby?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so