• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

lol @ android users

Raffaella

bon vivant
i hope you realize that many android phones have protruding lens as well, like all galaxy s phones at least since tue second one and many others too. it would be quite funny if you havent noticed this and bark onlyat iphone 6 for it :D but the thing is that its physically impossible to make a phone as slim as iphone 6 without protruding lens and still have the same sensor size. not to mention that its better to make the phone slim with protruding lens and use a case for protection to make the lens not to stick out, because that way the phone stays slim even with a case and stays more protected.

Good quality phones don't need cases; I dropped mine many times and it's still in mint condition yet I don't use a silly case.

Also, I'm an HTC fanboy, I do not care for Samsung. And my htc one is 37.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm. What's your iPhone dimensions?

what comes to looks, its a totally subjective topic and imo it looks better than any android ever

This is so typical from an iPhone user. If it were elegant, you'd brag about it endlessly, but when it's the hideous, all I get is "totally subjective". Pfffft

as for a little extra im interested to see what scores your android gets from untutu benchmark test :)

You first!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My phone is 151.2mm in height and 79.22mm in width. I guess I lose.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good quality phones don't need cases; I dropped mine many times and it's still in mint condition yet I don't use a silly case.

Also, I'm an HTC fanboy, I do not care for Samsung. And my htc one is 37.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm. What's your iPhone dimensions?

This is so typical from an iPhone user. If it were elegant, you'd brag about it endlessly, but when it's the hideous, all I get is "totally subjective". Pfffft

You first!

I was baiting you and it worked. :D I honestly don't care either way but since you asked, it got 22901. It's crap and I knew it would be, lol.

what comes to durability :whistling:
Apple’s iPhone 6 is more durable, less breakable than iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5, One M8 | ExtremeTech

htc one dimensions are 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm, you forgot to copy one 1 on the first dimension. iphone 6 is 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm, so the thickness of the phone is about the same with the cover than the htc one without a cover.

typical android user, first you call iphone crap, then after getting proven that iphone is superior, it didnt matter anyway ;) Also what comes to those striped on iphone, well i dont think they look bad at all, striped on the back of htc one on the other hand look quite bad. if the stripe wouldnt drop and go around the camera lens, it would be much better tho.

ps. i found a htc one once, so i got to play with it a little before deciding that id rather try to find the owner of the phone than keep it myself, because even my old galaxy s2 was better.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have the iPhone 6. I love it. I went to Android (LG G3) briefly and promptly went back to iOS. I guess we stick to what we're familiar and comfortable with. I did like the screen resolution and camera of the LG G3, but the phone itself was just too large for me (5.5 inches...). I need something I can actually comfortably fit in my pocket. Android just didn't feel as quick and fluid for me as iOS does.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ITT: people getting competitive over their cell phone

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am considering buying a smartphone in the near future, and always considered I would get some unlocked android and probably root it to get rid of the junk, but I have been hearing more and more positive things from colleagues and friends about the iphone. Which one is considered better for privacy/personal security? I like the samsungs because they have a removable battery and more and more phones do not. Battery removal seems to be the only way to ensure your phone is really off. Plus, if the battery starts to go bad, you can order another without having to send your phone somewhere for service.

Thoughts, anyone?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am considering buying a smartphone in the near future, and always considered I would get some unlocked android and probably root it to get rid of the junk, but I have been hearing more and more positive things from colleagues and friends about the iphone. Which one is considered better for privacy/personal security? I like the samsungs because they have a removable battery and more and more phones do not. Battery removal seems to be the only way to ensure your phone is really off. Plus, if the battery starts to go bad, you can order another without having to send your phone somewhere for service.

Thoughts, anyone?

I have a galaxy s3 with a 30 gig mini sd card the card got corrupted so i need to figure that out but i'm lazy. I've had it over a year now and maybe there's not the same issues with the newer models. but the battery life sucks it really does, sometimes not often it freezes and the only way to get it to do anything is to remove the battery and put it back in. but it meets my needs i have another year before i can upgrade (got it july 2013, but was only 30)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thoughts, anyone?

nothing lasts, keeping the phone would be holding on to a relic if you have to swap the battery (usually two years). the apple, just works. you can't argue around that. when the hardware dies.... time to get the new hardware with all the apps expecting new hardware. as Woaden said. the upgrade path with software is also more predictable. if you want to tinker and have bags of patience. then android could be your thing.

i'm on a small android samsung pocket. opening up google hangout (written by google) takes minutes to open. that is written by googel for google's android. however. if you have v8 (car engine) hardware. then it is not so bad. mind you apple forces you with v8 hardware too in nice packaging. so... both will turn out to be expensive. if you want android experience to be on par with apple. (will always lag imho)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Thoughts, anyone?

iphone vs android really depends on how much you want co configure the phone and ofc whether or not you like iOS(apples operating system) straight out of the box(as you cant modify it much).

what comes to rooting, its not necessary unless you want to do some stuff that the average user doesent need(like some advanced networking things that you really need unless you are some linux hacker). also rooting the device will remove the warranty(and might fuck up the phone if something goes wrong), so i wouldnt do that until the warranty is over.

iphone is just slightly better for security and rooting android will make it even worse. the thing is that all apps are more controlled by apple, so you dont get malware from them so easily. also because android is more open OS, its easier to hack(while iOS is nearly impossible), but also this sort of faults are more easily found(as it is open source), but again because samsung and other manufacturers run their own architecture over android. so you getting this sort of updates that fix the issues need to first be fixed by googles android guys, then samsung, and some of these updates getting on your phone might take few weeks to over a month, while with apple its nearly instant. if someone would be able to hack iOS, they would try to keep it as a secret as well as possible so that they could get monetary goods from it and try to do it without people noticing that iOS has been hacked, which means that they wouldnt try to get everything from everyone. if someone would be able to hack androids, they would spread the info all over the internet and anyone could get on your phone(and believe me there would be many people trying to do this).

i had samsung galaxy s2 before and with that phone removing battery was necessary as the phone would tilt all the time(like once a week on average) and i had to remove the battery, or the phone would suddenly start to heat up like hell and had to restart it, also it sometimes cut me off from mobile network without showing any signs of that to me.. iphones are more stable and doesent really need that sort of thing. battery itself didnt go bad during that 3 years i used the phone, charging port did get broken tho(had to insert the charger in right angle and put the cable to rest on something, so that it would stay on that angle).

android phones are also much cheaper(at least here), but if you get a cheap android you get what you pay for.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Its been a few years since i got into this smartphone thing and i used to laugh at iphones for being so expensive, yet not offering much processing power, pretty much uncustomizable OS etc etc. Not that i havent been happy with my android phone, but getting an android phone to work in a way that its a pleasure to use requires quite bit of customization and know how(also money unless you do it like i did and wared the programs), luckily it wasnt a problem for me. Now like two weeks ago i was thinking of getting a new phone since i noticed how much cameras on them have improved and the charging port on my phone is starting to brake. First i started looking at the cameras. At first it seemed like android was the way to go still since they have so fancy cameras with 16+megadicksells, but looking at all of them a bit deeper, i noticed that all of them were lacking on one or another department, some had shitty AWB, others were poor at focusing, or poor at calculating the exposure, inability to produce colors properly(not just because of shitty AWB) etc. and seriously the size of pixels on sensor is a larger factor to image quality than the amount of pixels. Then i started to look at other specs, like fingerprint reader was something i really wanted, sony or other phones with the back(etc) buttons being on screen is something i will not tolerate on a phone. I dont care about the phone being fastest on market, just as long as its not too much slower than the fastest. Then i started to entertain myself with the iphone 5s, looking at its camera(which is far superior to most of the android phones on market) and noticed that there is a OS upgrade coming and also a new iphone. Then i started looking at how i have modified my current phone to serve me the best and noticed that ios8 isnt that much different.. Also what caught my eyes was that now developers have better access to iphone camera functions, not going to go much in detail with that, but lets just say that its a good thing that apple finally is starting to open up their OS at least a bit more to developers. Specs on iphones are quite misleading because the processors are nearly half the speed of good android processors, but looking into this more, it seems that it doesent matter to performance because apparently android has some fundamental design flaws pretty much require better processors(for example all processes take same amount of processor power because thats the way it was on first android version and thats what the newer stuff is built on and it will cause occasional lags and freezes no matter how much processing power the phone has).
So after trying to figure out which phone i should get, i ended up preordering iphone6 :)

Now i am expecting all the android fan boys to come and laugh at me :D And no, i dont consider myself a fan boy of any sort im too old for that sort of thing, i just want to push some buttons(still not too old for that)

Because people don't buy goods and services because of trend, style or other non-functional reasons, right?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a Galaxy S5 and love it. It is much better than the iPhone IMO from an overall usability perspective. The screen is fantastic and I like the bigger size. I make too many mistakes typing on the iPhone. Tried using one for three years and could never get used to it. The only thing I don't like about the Samsung is that it is more complicated to set up the sounds.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a Galaxy S5 and love it. It is much better than the iPhone IMO from an overall usability perspective. The screen is fantastic and I like the bigger size. I make too many mistakes typing on the iPhone. Tried using one for three years and could never get used to it. The only thing I don't like about the Samsung is that it is more complicated to set up the sounds.
Good to know. I have been contemplating getting a Samsung for many months now, but still cannot justify the cost, either of the initial purchase, or of the monthly plans.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good to know. I have been contemplating getting a Samsung for many months now, but still cannot justify the cost, either of the initial purchase, or of the monthly plans.

If you like to fiddle and hack, get an Android.

If you want things to work as it is, get an iPhone.

Android is fragmented and you won't get timely updates, so if you find a bug, chances are you're stuck with it.

Also [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], keyboard is a matter of personal preference. You can install 3rd party keyboards on both systems now, with Android having a larger selection. I like SwiftKey for android. That being said apple's stock keyboard is still one of the best, and if you have pudgy hands you can get the new 5.5inch 6+.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you like to fiddle and hack, get an Android.

If you want things to work as it is, get an iPhone.

Android is fragmented and you won't get timely updates, so if you find a bug, chances are you're stuck with it.

Also [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], keyboard is a matter of personal preference. You can install 3rd party keyboards on both systems now, with Android having a larger selection. I like SwiftKey for android. That being said apple's stock keyboard is still one of the best, and if you have pudgy hands you can get the new 5.5inch 6+.

Good to know.

Honestly though, who wants to install different keyboard software? No me.

I don't have pudgy hands at all. I just find that I can't use the iPhone keyboard. I think it sucks. Perhaps it is personal preference or at least compatibility.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good to know.

Honestly though, who wants to install different keyboard software? No me.

I don't have pudgy hands at all. I just find that I can't use the iPhone keyboard. I think it sucks. Perhaps it is personal preference or at least compatibility.

It certainly is. I couldn't get used to the 3rd party keyboards on my iPhone, or the stock keyboard on my old android.