User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

my one problem with the android is that i cant put emojis next to my friends' names in my contacts
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

My thumbs are too big and crushy for smartphones, especially the I ones.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    If you like to fiddle and hack, get an Android.

If you want things to work as it is, get an iPhone.

Android is fragmented and you won't get timely updates, so if you find a bug, chances are you're stuck with it.
    What he said. I like my iPhone because I want a phone, not a new hobby. The OS is clean and simple, the app store is vetted, and third party issues aren't issues.

I think of iPhone as sort of like a totalitarian paradise. Less freedom, but you need it less because life is good. Would you leave such a place for a more difficult life on principle? Maybe in real life, but in the tech world I'm apolitical.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think of iPhone as sort of like a totalitarian paradise. Less freedom, but you need it less because life is good. Would you leave such a place for a more difficult life on principle? Maybe in real life, but in the tech world I'm apolitical.
    So i-space is the tech equivalent of Omelas? I knew there was a reason I disliked Apple in all its manifestations.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Good to know. I have been contemplating getting a Samsung for many months now, but still cannot justify the cost, either of the initial purchase, or of the monthly plans.
    Don't know if this belongs here or in the 'confessions' thread.
    I have a phone that's so old, that when you open it up, a little pterodactyl flies out to carry your message, reminiscent of The Flintstones.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So i-space is the tech equivalent of Omelas? I knew there was a reason I disliked Apple in all its manifestations.
    I Googled "Omelas". I dunno, I can't really equate a suffering child to the lack of freedom to hack an OS. I love Apple because it works so well that I don't need to hack it. Lots of people enjoy that kind of tinkering, and for them Android is probably great. For me, it's a bug not a feature.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I Googled "Omelas". I dunno, I can't really equate a suffering child to the lack of freedom to hack an OS. I love Apple because it works so well that I don't need to hack it. Lots of people enjoy that kind of tinkering, and for them Android is probably great. For me, it's a bug not a feature.
    I was addressing the idea of a "totalitarian paradise". As is often said, with rights come responsibilities, and this in its own way is no exception. I rarely like the choices manufacturers make on behalf of consumers; have never really liked Apple OS's on other devices; and like to be able to customize things when there is something I don't like. I understand that means I must take responsibility for learning how to do so. I use Ubuntu on my desktop/laptop for this reason, and can't imagine getting an i-anything, unless there were some truly compelling reason to do so.

As you say, though, for people who aren't willing to bother, iphones probably make a fine choice.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

wooo paying 200 more dollars to have more storage and wooo not being to remove your battery....wooo for paying more money cuz it's made by apple and they know schmucks will buy it. I'll stick to my android which i can remove the battery and put in a mini sd card for more storage.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    FREE

I'm with prpl. I'd never spend more than 30$ on a smartphone whose battery can't be removed and that can't be disassembled with a screwdriver. Android is great because you can customize everything, but it needs good and expensive hardware to work properly. Windows Phone runs smoothly even on my entry level Nokia, and Cortana is much better than Siri, but if you don't like something (keyboard, menu, the fact that there isn't an option to organize the settings in alphabetical order) you're stuck with it, although I have to say with 8.1 personalization options got much better.

What I don't understand about most iPhone users is, they spend 700$ on a mobile phone and they only use it for whatsapp and a diet app? I mean, it's their money, they can do whatever they want with it and it's not my business, but meh.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, chubber liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'll stick to my android which i can remove the battery and put in a mini sd card for more storage.
    That's why I ditched my Nexus and went with a Samsung.

And both run Android, so I didn't have to switch to an entirely different software ecosystem to do it.

nyah nyah
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics