User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you support eugenics?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 21.05%
  • No

30 78.95%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm a fan of intelligent/educated breeding, but not government-regulated breeding. My answer to this is more government funding to public education and public health awareness. No legal restrictions on reproduction beyond discouraging inbreeding. It's be nigh impossible to enforce, anyway. The question becomes how to adequately and fairly care for children in poor conditions - overburdened families or with disabilities, etc. - who did not choose to be born.

To be honest, the gene pool generally takes care of itself. If someone is that disabled, they cannot or will not reproduce. Natural selection has done a fine job over the years. If we don't kill ourselves off with pollution, natural selection will probably continue to do a fine job keeping our species intact. I think we should worry more about the aberrations we are creating and less about how to improve on something nature already has a pretty decent hold on.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Firstly, I sense what you are trying to do, and won't take the bait.
    You said you found people attractive all over the world, so I thought I'd show you a picture of an Israeli model. What would be the problem with that?

However if you must know, that model is not quite my type either actually. I know this sounds very fussy, but distinct jaws and cheekbones are quite a masculine feature and I find them unattractive on women. The most important thing to me in attraction is facial features/proportions that I can relate to. Craniometry, not hair or eye colour. I am still looking for examples of models I find attractive on the net. I am dead serious when I say that I find "ordinary" girls more attractive.
    If craniometry interests you, I suggest taking a set of calipers on all your first dates, and performing skull measurements. Don't know if that's going to help much with purity, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You said you found people attractive all over the world, so I thought I'd show you a picture of an Israeli model. What would be the problem with that?
    I said that I like being able to see differences in average appearance when moving from place to place. This is Ni-Te at work - enjoying the process of finding a pattern and making categorisations based on it. A world with a number of regimented, distinct groups is very aesthetically pleasuable. From a general artist's perspective, I like stark constrast and variation in my life (applied to politics, many nation states), not a muddled mess (multiculturalism/globalisation) which is clearly unnatural and has no order to it.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    If craniometry interests you, I suggest taking a set of calipers on all your first dates, and performing skull measurements. Don't know if that's going to help much with purity, though.
    I prefer an Anglo-Saxon to Nordic appearance: Christina Moore and Emilia Clarke are good examples of this. As i have notied elsewhere, the diversity in appearance that European peoples show is one of the things that makes us special. Ironically, non-Europoid peoples value this in us more than we do ourselves (cue the fetishization of white women by black men).

Here:

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Natural selection has done a fine job over the years.
    Natural Selection is red in tooth and claw, and completely blind.

Natural Selection has been used to justify Social Darwinism, an evil and oppressive social system.

And Natural Selection can't possibly do any job, good or otherwise, because Natural Selection is blind.

Democratic countries, rather than being based on Natural Selection, are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is based on human history not Natural Selection.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Well, New Zealand also has some good looking actresses.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

It is time to get back on topic. People who can't relate their posts to eugenics in some way, could you do everyone else the honour of starting a new thread or shutting up.

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Another article Nine-Year-Old Dies, Father Hides Death for Four Days about people having disabled child after disabled child has made me bang my head against a wall... Why doesn't somebody ask questions? Get involved? At least advise the couple to stop having children!

I am a firm believer in some sort of negative eugenics. Many people seem to believe you have a "right" to procreate as much as you have a right to free speech or to own property. I disagree, because in many cases the taxpayers end up having to support women's decisions to let somebody shoot their diseased seed into them, sometimes when they are well aware of the risks. Something ceases to be a right when it harms other people in some way, whether immidiately or in the future. Liberty is not the same as licence.

Anyway, I am interested to see what others' views are, and have also attached an extract on eugenics which explains the rationale well.

Very interesting subject. You would hope that people have the common sense to stop procreating after 2 disabled children. Its a very tough subject to deal with. Its almost worth it to disallow procreation after a certain point in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Natural Selection is red in tooth and claw, and completely blind.

Natural Selection has been used to justify Social Darwinism, an evil and oppressive social system.

And Natural Selection can't possibly do any job, good or otherwise, because Natural Selection is blind.

Democratic countries, rather than being based on Natural Selection, are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is based on human history not Natural Selection.
    Whats evil to one is good to another. Universal benificiallity doesn't exist.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It is time to get back on topic. People who can't relate their posts to eugenics in some way, could you do everyone else the honour of starting a new thread or shutting up.
    Am I not permitted to admire the beauty of the people of your native land? I'm just celebrating human contrast and variation. I think she'll be an excellent addition to the GOT cast next year. Your mention of Clarke made me think of it.

Anyway, I agree. I dated someone of Frisian and English descent once, and she had amazing blue eyes. I'm not poetically exaggerating, they were like the sky. It was probably the best relationship I was in. So I agree, here's to contrast and variation!

Visit my Johari:

Quote Originally Posted by collierm48 View Post
    Whats evil to one is good to another. Universal benificiallity (sic) doesn't exist.
    We fought a world war against one totalitarianism to establish the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And we fought a Cold War to maintain the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And today we are struggling against a totalitarian political religion to maintain the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And interestingly today, the enemies of freedom and equality preach cultural relativism.