User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you support eugenics?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 21.05%
  • No

30 78.95%
First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    "Diversity" as used by a left-winger is just a codeword for mass immigration and miscegenation, and as seen here, a feeble excuse to oppose combating ancient scourges.
    American Eugenics forbad miscegenation.

And indeed American law, informed by Eugenics, forbad miscegenation.

Misegenation is deeply part of the American psyche.

Misegenation is recognised as a deeply ugly word across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You forgot to throw Carl Jung in there.

Not that you're wrong... it's your intentions that are suspect to me. You can't criticize racism against one group and then paint another group with a broad brush. I don't object to your opposition to Islamism. I am opposed to it is well (And I concede that some left-wing types are pretty naive about it). But confusing Islamism with Arabs, or even Muslims is, at best, intellectually lazy.

Akbar (Not a trap.. I promise.)

Al-Andalus (Inspiration for Dorne in ASOIAF, I suspect.)

And you can't really blame religious intolerance in Europe all on Catholicism, either.
    C'mon, our next door neighbour is the largest muslim country in the world. We supported the largest muslim country in the world in their quest for Independence. And we support the largest muslim country in the world in their successful fledgeling Democracy.

We also support the largest muslim country in the world by training their military, and providing literally billions of dollars for disaster relief.

And of course we take our holidays in the largest muslim country in the world.

And we are pleased to note that your President, Barack Obama, spent his formative years in the largest muslim country in the world.

And of course I refer to Indonesia, our nearest neighbour.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

And of course I refer to Indonesia, our nearest neighbour.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

Also, of any of the posters here, I am the one who truly champions diversity in the world, and this is because (unlike the rest of you) I think that ethnicities are special and worth preserving. I find it aesthetically pleasing to move from one country to another and see people who look and act differently. This is true diversity.

Plus, there's the women. Lots of beautiful women, all around the world.

What do you think of this woman?

Not quite my type, but she looks like someone you'd be into. There are better pictures available online, but I thought they might be too racy to post here.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

To call a child defective is dehumanisation.

And dehumanisation is the hallmark of American Eugenics.

It is difficult to get rid of human beings so first we must dehumanise them. So we can tell ourselves we are not really getting rid of human beings, only defectives. And dehumanisation is the work of Eugenics.
    Morality is destroyed by necessity for many. What happens in a situation where limiting birth rates becomes necessary to ensure a survival of the species? An expanding and ageing population with ever limited resources can only go on for so long as has been noted rather a lot lately.

It might seem an extreme example to state for the survival of the species, but those are the questions that will become more and more prevalent and relevant over the next 15+ plus years, possibly sooner. At what point does having children go from a right into a privilege?
    Some parents are incredibly selfish with this right, producing multitude's of children without consideration of whether they can support them or how it actually effects those around them.

Although whether or not I particularly care about survival of the species I'm not sure.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Morality is destroyed by necessity for many. What happens in a situation where limiting birth rates becomes necessary to ensure a survival of the species? An expanding and ageing population with ever limited resources can only go on for so long as has been noted rather a lot lately.

It might seem an extreme example to state for the survival of the species, but those are the questions that will become more and more prevalent and relevant over the next 15+ plus years, possibly sooner. At what point does having children go from a right into a privilege?
    Some parents are incredibly selfish with this right, producing multitude's of children without consideration of whether they can support them or how it actually effects those around them.

Although whether or not I particularly care about survival of the species I'm not sure.
    Demography is the only social science that makes accurate predictions. And demography tells us that the total world population will stop growing within our lifetime and then it will begin to fall.

So Eugenics is not about population growth. Eugenics is a pseudo science devoted to getting rid of the unter mensch and creating the master race.

It is interesting that so many here speak in favour of the evil pseudo science of Eugenics.

But it is all of a piece: the pseudo science of Eugenics and the pseudo science of mbti.

@RobertCalifornia lolz

I am against it. The potential one has isn't always determined by genetics.

About disabled children... i am truly undecided. But if the parents are fine regardless of how many disabled children they have enforcing birth control on them is something that goes against my first comment above.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Plus, there's the women. Lots of beautiful women, all around the world.

What do you think of this woman?

Not quite my type, but she looks like someone you'd be into. There are better pictures available online, but I thought they might be too racy to post here.
    Firstly, I sense what you are trying to do, and won't take the bait.

However if you must know, that model is not quite my type either actually. I know this sounds very fussy, but distinct jaws and cheekbones are quite a masculine feature and I find them unattractive on women. The most important thing to me in attraction is facial features/proportions that I can relate to. Craniometry, not hair or eye colour. I am still looking for examples of models I find attractive on the net. I am dead serious when I say that I find "ordinary" girls more attractive.

What this has to do with my thread is questionable however. You just wanted an excuse to post the pictures.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Misegenation is recognised as a deeply ugly word across the world.
    Yeah. Partly because of word choice, that whole paragraph read to me like the OP wasn't keen on allowing people of different raves to bone and that racial diversity ought to be forced. Latter would be a baffling and rather shitty use of eugenics.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I gotta say, I share SilentMusings' frustration at a family that produces 4 defective children in a row. The mind reels. I don't know what the answer is to this lack of good sense, but I wish there were one. Maybe it's not eugenics per se - maybe there is an answer in education, some how - but there is so much opposition lately to people wanting to limit their offspring that I kind of despair of any improvement.
    Where there is freedom, there will be bad choices. Where we want to avert them, we must limit freedom.