User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the farmacy trend?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a hippy and I'm proud of it. Also, I have proof it works. No aluminum DO for me!

3 7.69%
  • I'm kind of a hippy, but I was brought up that way, and/or I like moral aspects of the trend.

4 10.26%
  • This is a thing? Who's Jenny McCarthy? I mean, I guess both are fine.

4 10.26%
  • Science trumps turnips all day. Beets and apples won't keep you from having eczema hunny, sorry.

24 61.54%
  • I don't really care at all. I can't afford either of them anyways.

4 10.26%
First 5678917 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei
    Psoriasis affects like 2 or 3% of the WORLD population. Of all different diets, lifestyles, and such. I'm not saying this doctor didn't do great work, or that it doesn't help some people.. Absolutely it does. But his basis is on the fact that it's leaky gut syndrome. I have a hard time believing that's the sole cause of it.
    I judge the worth of a treatment on the results and this doctor has results. Whether or not the theory is sound is besides the point; if this is the most successful treatment of this disease, then it should be used more. What other psoriasis treatment results in extended or permanent healing? Coal tar, UV, and steroidal creams are only band-aids on the problem.
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I found a picture of @kyuuei

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yuki I told you to stop going on my FB!! Damn privacy settings...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It's also true that vaccines do kill and seriously harm some people.
    Father nearly died of Pneumonia after a Pneumonia vaccine.
    Uncle nearly died of Pneumonia after a Pneumonia vaccine.
    Mother got the flu after a flu vaccine.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Father nearly died of Pneumonia after a Pneumonia vaccine.
    Uncle nearly died of Pneumonia after a Pneumonia vaccine.
    Mother got the flu after a flu vaccine.
    Do you by chance have a genetic immune disorder in your family?

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

This thread, aside from the OP, is a mess. It's just a plethora of ignorant statements.

Do I believe in the Farmacy trend? Well, as as general rule, I don't trust anything that doesn't ask me to determine the pka, so, no. I don't. However, I do believe in the pharmacy trend.

There was a really great overview report, released by the medical council, that substantiated that there's not enough evidence to prove the efficacy of homeopathic products (and, here, I really wanted to join homeopaths without borders) unfortunately, it's 300 pages in length. I think it's necessary for anyone in this field to read it. It created quite a headline when the draft was published which it's great since it's spotlighting dodgy research methods.

As for the anti-vaccination people, you should be commended for bringing back pertussis. There's nothing quite like a severe, preventable coughing fits to improve a child's life.
    Night is another candle
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    This thread, aside from the OP, is a mess. It's just a plethora of ignorant statements.

Do I believe in the Farmacy trend? Well, as as general rule, I don't trust anything that doesn't ask me to determine the pka, so, no. I don't. However, I do believe in the pharmacy trend.

There was a really great overview report, released by the medical council, that substantiated that there's not enough evidence to prove the efficacy of homeopathic products (and, here, I really wanted to join homeopaths without borders) unfortunately, it's 300 pages in length. I think it's necessary for anyone in this field to read it. It created quite a headline when the draft was published which it's great since it's spotlighting dodgy research methods.

As for the anti-vaccination people, you should be commended for bringing back pertussis. There's nothing quite like a severe, preventable coughing fits to improve a child's life.
    so where's your degree about this? my statements are based off of what I've been taught by my mother who does medical research and incorporates diet into the studies and sees how that effects it. (she doesn't tell people to change their diet, but she asks them about it takes blood and urine samples) I'm not claiming to know much, but I'm just saying what i've been taught, from someone who does actually know what they're talking about. so yeah it's ignorant.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so where's your degree about this? my statements are based off of what I've been taught by my mother who does medical research and incorporates diet into the studies and sees how that effects it. (she doesn't tell people to change their diet, but she asks them about it takes blood and urine samples) I'm not claiming to know much, but I'm just saying what i've been taught, from someone who does actually know what they're talking about. so yeah it's ignorant.
    For what's it's worth, I skimmed through the thread so I probably missed a few. I will have a degree on this, I'm not be stating what it is, publicly, though.

Edit: sorry, I'm exhausted, I wouldn't be so judgemental if I hadn't had to write up an assignment related to this.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    For what's it's worth, I skimmed through the read so I probably missed a few.

I do have a degree on this, I will not be stating it, publicly, though.
    so then don't say you've read every post. it was clear you hadn't. because I was agreeing with the OP.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so then don't say you've read every post. it was clear you hadn't. because I was agreeing with the OP.
    I edited my post. I am very exhausted and furious (at other things) but I didn't say I read every post. I just said it was a profusion of uninformed opinions (in fairness, it seems to be from the one person). If you agreed with the OP then I obviously wasn't referring to you.
    Night is another candle