User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the farmacy trend?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a hippy and I'm proud of it. Also, I have proof it works. No aluminum DO for me!

3 7.69%
  • I'm kind of a hippy, but I was brought up that way, and/or I like moral aspects of the trend.

4 10.26%
  • This is a thing? Who's Jenny McCarthy? I mean, I guess both are fine.

4 10.26%
  • Science trumps turnips all day. Beets and apples won't keep you from having eczema hunny, sorry.

24 61.54%
  • I don't really care at all. I can't afford either of them anyways.

4 10.26%
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Nature VS Modern Medicine and weeding out what truly works.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah I hadn't heard of the guy. I don't like quacks, like i've said if nature could cure us of all diseases modern medicine wouldn't exist as the need wouldn't and even if it didn come about anyways, it would not be as big. The original article does mention that he did have surgery to have the tumor removed, he just opted out of the chemo treatments
    And preying on people's lack of education to make money. Disgusting.

My friend always posts on fb from fear mongering sites like food babe and green med tv. I tried to very nicely point out that these people make and market themselves and collect tons of money that really isn't getting repurposed for anything but lining pockets. There's a reason those disclaimers need to be legally claimed. And why doctors practicing natural medicine have lost their licensures sometimes in modern medicine before turning to natural medicine.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    And preying on people's lack of education to make money. Disgusting.

My friend always posts on fb from fear mongering sites like food babe and green med tv. I tried to very nicely point out that these people make and market themselves and collect tons of money that really isn't getting repurposed for anything but lining pockets. There's a reason those disclaimers need to be legally claimed. And why doctors practicing natural medicine have lost their licensures sometimes in modern medicine before turning to natural medicine.
    I agree.ugh I've seen food babe bs. I don't have a lot of friends who can't/don't think critically and I'm quick to post a link that explains why they're a dumb ass. So this was a friend of a friend and I couldn't reply to the post. I tried explaining to my roommate that kombucha can't get you drunk. Didn't get it and said she was gonna bitch at the manager. I pointed out that the bottle says
    contains trace amount of alcohol
    smh.I feel bad for the employee. She thinks organic is healthier and that you lose weight by eating organic, so yeah
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I agree.ugh I've seen food babe bs. I don't have a lot of friends who can't/don't think critically and I'm quick to post a link that explains why they're a dumb ass. So this was a friend of a friend and I couldn't reply to the post. I tried explaining to my roommate that kombucha can't get you drunk. Didn't get it and said she was gonna bitch at the manager. I pointed out that the bottle says smh.I feel bad for the employee. She thinks organic is healthier and that you lose weight by eating organic, so yeah
    Let's get wasted off Kombucha! hahaha.. ... I mean, yeah, organic food is healthy. But the organic label isn't really so regulated. Organic fresh vegetables has a VASTLY different nutrient density and health rating as organic pop-tarts. The label itself doesn't mean you're in the clear.

My sister's still stuck in the 80s and 90s somehow, thinking fat-free foods help you lose weight by virtue of being fat free. It's like pulling teeth trying to get her used to the idea of eating enough calories to sustain her energy levels so she can actually lose weight vs mini starve/binge sessions she tends to do with these 1 1/2 meals a day. Low fat low protein diets are just.. bleh. All around bleh.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Let's get wasted off Kombucha! hahaha.. ... I mean, yeah, organic food is healthy. But the organic label isn't really so regulated. Organic fresh vegetables has a VASTLY different nutrient density and health rating as organic pop-tarts. The label itself doesn't mean you're in the clear.

My sister's still stuck in the 80s and 90s somehow, thinking fat-free foods help you lose weight by virtue of being fat free. It's like pulling teeth trying to get her used to the idea of eating enough calories to sustain her energy levels so she can actually lose weight vs mini starve/binge sessions she tends to do with these 1 1/2 meals a day. Low fat low protein diets are just.. bleh. All around bleh.
    yeah I can't imagine low protein diets being good, I've inadverntently done them same with low carb (never intentional) and i felt so weak it wasn't fun.
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Kit kats are good
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Depends.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

MBTI
    yupp

I tried to explain that fermentation no matter what produces alcohol. she's not super smart, but i really think the most people who are vastly successful in the rat race are of average intelligence and don't question things, or really think critically. probably .01% of successful people are really smart but that's because they had the oppurtunity or created the oppurtunity to do what they were good at and didn't answer to any one, did so just long enough to break off on there own. But you know everyone thinks they're a genius, no one is. ok maybe some are, but you or me probably aren't
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Kit kats are good
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I tried to explain that fermentation no matter what produces alcohol. she's not super smart, but i really think the most people who are vastly successful in the rat race are of average intelligence and don't question things, or really think critically. probably .01% of successful people are really smart but that's because they had the oppurtunity or created the oppurtunity to do what they were good at and didn't answer to any one, did so just long enough to break off on there own. But you know everyone thinks they're a genius, no one is. ok maybe some are, but you or me probably aren't
    After that stunt I did last night (thinking my plant was a monster because of the shadow on the wall) I'm definitely not.

MBTI
    yupp

After that stunt I did last night (thinking my plant was a monster because of the shadow on the wall) I'm definitely not.
    what stunt? no worries i thought the reflection of my phone on the ceiling was a portal to somewhere one night and that freaked me out.
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Kit kats are good
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

what stunt? no worries i thought the reflection of my phone on the ceiling was a portal to somewhere one night and that freaked me out.
    hahaha. Yeah I jumped like a cat to the ceiling when I saw my stupid rosemary plant's shadow. Beaten by a rosemary plant!!

MBTI
    yupp

hahaha. Yeah I jumped like a cat to the ceiling when I saw my stupid rosemary plant's shadow. Beaten by a rosemary plant!!
    tbh i don't think they use eye tricks as a measure of intelligence. then again i don't professionally measure intelligence so prove some other way how you're not a genius, i don't think you are, but that evidence would be thrown out of court.
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Kit kats are good
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast