User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the farmacy trend?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a hippy and I'm proud of it. Also, I have proof it works. No aluminum DO for me!

3 7.69%
  • I'm kind of a hippy, but I was brought up that way, and/or I like moral aspects of the trend.

4 10.26%
  • This is a thing? Who's Jenny McCarthy? I mean, I guess both are fine.

4 10.26%
  • Science trumps turnips all day. Beets and apples won't keep you from having eczema hunny, sorry.

24 61.54%
  • I don't really care at all. I can't afford either of them anyways.

4 10.26%
First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I think if nature actually cured cancer and polio and aids and epilepsy vaccines would've never been invented nor modern medicine, we wouldn't need it. and the fact that yellow fever and polio are no longer around, and the discovery of pencillian saved a lot of lives from bacterial infections I think modern medicine is far more powerful than natural remedies.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a lot of trouble deciding what is best because there are a couple of things that are true, doctors are way too focused on diagnosing and fixing symptoms not prevention and are too arrogant to acknowledge helpful things outside of their experience and general populace aren't always that bright.

I am utterly convinced that general health in the U.S. would be improved by 90% if people just exercised and took on a healthy diet. I am convinced that a lot of weird-ass maladies not generally correlated with obesity and nutrition would suddenly disappear, things that are often treated after-the-fact with pharma. I've decided this after observing my own health after losing some significant weight and eating kinda healthier.

If this is a secret, or at least not broadcasted by the medical community, it does make me wonder what other things we don't understand because the medical field as a whole doesn't put emphasis on it. This, of course, can lead into a crazy ass bias-confirmed rabbit hole for certain types of people.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I have a lot of trouble deciding what is best because there are a couple of things that are true, doctors are way too focused on diagnosing and fixing symptoms not prevention and are too arrogant to acknowledge helpful things outside of their experience and general populace aren't always that bright.

I am utterly convinced that general health in the U.S. would be improved by 90% if people just exercised and took on a healthy diet. I am convinced that a lot of weird-ass maladies not generally correlated with obesity and nutrition would suddenly disappear, things that are often treated after-the-fact with pharma. I've decided this after observing my own health after losing some significant weight and eating kinda healthier.

If this is a secret, or at least not broadcasted by the medical community, it does make me wonder what other things we don't understand because the medical field as a whole doesn't put emphasis on it. This, of course, can lead into a crazy ass bias-confirmed rabbit hole for certain types of people.
    of course this is what my mom believes that a lot of the diseases that plague our society such as obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, essentially anything that has an enviromental factor can be reduced greatly if people just exercised ate healthy and went for regular screenings (because some of the stuff is genetic and the diet and exercise isn't gonna always be 100%) things would be caught earlier, higher chance of being cured or arrested. and the diet and exercise would keep a lot of the stuff at bay. that being said people are different, so i mean a healthy diet is gonna be healthy no matter who you are. I've learned that if I take out carbs or protein out of my diet I start feeling like i'm gonna faint whenever I stand, while some people do fine with very little to no carbs, that being said everyone needs fruits and vegetables. for me fruit with a piece of toast with peanutbutter, or a bread and some protein for breakfast + a chef salad for lunch (all the deli meats and cheeses in the fridge i have plus the lettuce and vegetables and hard boiled egg, croutons) I know this isn't a low calorie salad/a sandwhich+ a meat a steamed vegetable and potato and maybe some nice bread (depending on if I ate the salad or sandwhich for lunch) that's when I feel the best. I'm bad at doing this. though. and some fruit at random points in the day is also good.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I do not have a problem with vaccinations. If they are necessary, as these two are. I do not consider vaccinations medication, per se.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Aboriginal peoples around the world don't get heart disease despite eating lots of meat. Meat, cholesterol, and saturated fats aren't the problem. The problem is lack of nutrition due to ingesting large quantities of processed foods (mostly carbs). The sterilization process destroys many of the B-vitamins that prevent heart disease. Since cereal companies started fortifying cereals and breads with folic acid, heart disease rates have dropped 50% in the past 30 years. I doubt most doctors know this simple fact.
    Vi Cit Tecum.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

processed foods. That's what it is. Saturated fat is healthy but processed food is almost like eating soap in my opinion.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Aboriginal peoples around the world don't get heart disease despite eating lots of meat. Meat, cholesterol, and saturated fats aren't the problem. The problem is lack of nutrition due to ingesting large quantities of processed foods (mostly carbs).
    Incorrect.

Native Australians are two times more likely to die of heart disease. It's such an issue that there is a campaign to improve morbidity and mortality of the native people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The problem is lack of nutrition due to ingesting large quantities of processed foods (mostly carbs).
    Of course, hence the obesity epidemic.
    Likes Hard liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive
    Native Australians are two times more likely to die of heart disease. It's such an issue that there is a campaign to improve morbidity and mortality of the native people.
    Thanks for the correction. I had assumed that native peoples would eschew the conveniences of modern society, including the processed foods, but that is not the case with native Australians.

Cardiovascular disease and its associated risk factors in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples

I brought up the example of native peoples because some of them like the Masai of Africa and the Eskimos of Greenland have avoided eating processed foods. They have maintained the traditional diet. The native Australians have not done so.

For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this includes the change
    from a ‘traditional’ diet that was fibre-rich, high in protein and low in saturated fat to a diet
    that is high in fat and refined sugars.
    Over half of the Indigenous population aged 18 years and over were overweight, with slightly over half of
    these being obese. Indigenous Australians were more likely to be overweight and much more likely to be obese than non-Indigenous Australians.
    This pretty much proves my point. Native peoples who maintain their traditional diet don't get heart disease, but native people who've adopted the modern diet suffer greatly. Btw, Australians are more obese than even Americans, so for native Australians to be even more obese means they're eating tons of processed carbs.
    Vi Cit Tecum.
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Thats because the ones that have been told they can't live in humpies and harvest native animals are now living on sugar and white flour. Not exactly a problem caused by their native lifestyle. More a problem caused by being forced to adopt ours. I know a man, with a dog...who just happens to work with a government program designed to integrate aborigines into modern society. This chap was quite forthcoming and entirely sympathetic to the aborginals who can't see the point in being forced to speak English and work a job just so they can be as miserable as the rest of us. They've got a point. Very few tribes are able to live according to their native ways anymore, instead they are educated in our ways and suffer all the same problems we do but to a greater extent because they live mostly on the poverty line. Fresh fruit and vegetables are pretty expensive to buy in central Australia, I don't know of many food farms out there.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Thats because the ones that have been told they can't live in humpies and harvest native animals are now living on sugar and white flour. Not exactly a problem caused by their native lifestyle. More a problem caused by being forced to adopt ours. I know a man, with a dog...who just happens to work with a government program designed to integrate aborigines into modern society. This chap was quite forthcoming and entirely sympathetic to the aborginals who can't see the point in being forced to speak English and work a job just so they can be as miserable as the rest of us. They've got a point. Very few tribes are able to live according to their native ways anymore, instead they are educated in our ways and suffer all the same problems we do but to a greater extent because they live mostly on the poverty line. Fresh fruit and vegetables are pretty expensive to buy in central Australia, I don't know of many food farms out there.
    Yeah, I was just nitpicking Tellenbach's post. You're preaching to the converted

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: