User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the farmacy trend?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a hippy and I'm proud of it. Also, I have proof it works. No aluminum DO for me!

3 7.69%
  • I'm kind of a hippy, but I was brought up that way, and/or I like moral aspects of the trend.

4 10.26%
  • This is a thing? Who's Jenny McCarthy? I mean, I guess both are fine.

4 10.26%
  • Science trumps turnips all day. Beets and apples won't keep you from having eczema hunny, sorry.

24 61.54%
  • I don't really care at all. I can't afford either of them anyways.

4 10.26%
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Nature VS Modern Medicine and weeding out what truly works.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Oh, baby. when you talk to me like that....mmmmm. getting to like it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Nature is full of medicine and Western medicine is full of mistakes. Trusting innovation for its own sake is equally idiotic and outdated. In the 50s people thought science and plastic would save us all...and look at the unintended consequences it has wreaked. So a balanced approach is absolutely necessary. The cause of a lot of modern ailments I'd poor diet, lack of exercise, lack of sleep and over exposure to technology, which leads to depression and anxiety if not used in balance. It's all about the balance. Technology is good, vaccines obviously save children, but Western medicine is also the fuck hell out of control, it's largely reduced to pharmaceutical marketing, and many minor ailments and general health are better served with natural antibiotics like raw garlic and raw honey (still treats strep and MRSA and doesn't cause mutations). Same with treatment of tumors with some natural substances, when it's basically been proven in many cases chemotherapy just expedites death. But some modern medicine does save lives, naltrexone is practically a miracle substance used to treat a variety of conditions, and I think we should all be happy to not have polio.
    If I had more time, I'd engage you (as the courts say, affirming in part and dissenting in part).
    tl;dr version is "Fish oil for the win. Keep an eye on your gut microbes (indiscriminate use of antibiotics = BAD); look out for possible effects of growth hormones & the like."
    Boo junk foods & soft drinks; take your vitamin D; walk and do weightlifting."

And as always, YMMV.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini
    It's like Dr. Abram Hoffer and his ortho molecular therapy for schizophrenia
    I finished reading a textbook on the treatment of cancer by Emanuel Revici earlier this year. The book was published in 1965 I believe. In this book, Dr. Revici states that he found peroxides in 87% of the urine samples of several thousand schizophrenics. In healthy people, he found only 4%. Now one would think that the medical establishment would investigate this claim and see if schizophrenia might be a problem of metabolism that produces peroxides, but after Revici was quacklisted by the American Cancer Society, this book was ignored completely. The amount of useful knowledge is startling. In this book, Revici revealed that n-butanol (6.5%) stops bleeding or hemorrhaging; it also prevents shock and it's a potent painkiller, reducing post-operative pain by up to 90%. The latter claim was independently tested by an ear doctor and published in some ear medicine journal. To date, there have only been two independent tests of Revici's work, one in Italy and one in the US and both got positive results.

The book is posted online if you're interested:

Research in Physiopathology as Basis of Guided Chemotherapy
    What would a baby from Neelix and Kes look like? They had to write off Kes from the show to avoid answering it.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yeah, if you want to be healthy, it's best not to go to a doctor. Don't get surgery unless you absolutely cannot function. And don't take any medications.

Oh, you think you must take some medications? I say you don't. You tell me what you think you need to take and I'll tell you why you don't.
    How do you treat epilepsy then? By isolating the person?

What about pneumonia? Or should we just let sepsis develop?

What about necrotising fasciitis?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    How do you treat epilepsy then? By isolating the person?

What about pneumonia? Or should we just let sepsis develop?

What about necrotising fasciitis?
    Rx in Order:

Cannibis oil
    frankincense oil/RC oil
    Blend of essential oils
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

The cause of a lot of modern ailments I'd poor diet, lack of exercise, lack of sleep and over exposure to technology, which leads to depression and anxiety if not used in balance.
    Seborrheic dermatitis is one of the many "modern ailments" not caused by poor diet, lack of exercise, lack of sleep or technology.

It's all about the balance.
    And prevention.

Western medicine is also the fuck hell out of control, it's largely reduced to pharmaceutical marketing.
    I'm from a western country, we're switching mostly to generics and year by year, pharmacists are being paid less for dispensing.

and many minor ailments and general health are better served with natural antibiotics like raw garlic and raw honey (still treats strep and MRSA and doesn't cause mutations).
    Refresh my mind, which minor ailments?

Same with treatment of tumors with some natural substances, when it's basically been proven in many cases chemotherapy just expedites death.
    Provide resources to back your claim.

Cannibis oil
    Can you provide research to back this claim? All I've found is a questionable scientific paper published in 2013 on it's use in Dravet syndrome, a rare syndrome. Also, it's illegal here and, as far as I know, you need a prescription in the US. Hmmm... I wonder where you get those?

frankincense oil/RC oil
    Okay, so you're on the side of sepsis. Prognosis: limb amputation, organ dysfunction, death.

Blend of essential oils
    Prognosis: death.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

lol. I hear the feds are/were leaning toward making it legal because of a girl who had a major seizure problem. Her mom fought hard for cannibis oil in some southern state and they refused. Her daughter kept deteriorating and they had to move. When she finally got the oil, her seizures nearly stopped.

Essential oils kill bacteria, viruses, yeast, protozoa, and even cancer.

You can take them internally, inject them, breathe them, or rub them on.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I honestly think you have doctors on a pedestal, and yes a dentist is a doctor, lol. I don't want to argue with you because it would be pointless but I don't think you understand what I mean. ...there are preventative and alternative methods of Healthcare, and Western medicine tends to view through a lens of sickness rather than health, and parts rather than a whole, which is going to have fundamental flaws, and I think your little rant about hippies is insulting and simplistic, but you are entitled to your opinions ...you went way beyond the anti vaccine movement into actually bashing natural medicine.

I hope you understand that any person licensed to dispense medication who does so with intent to make money from a habitual user or addict is a drug dealer.
    lolz if you didn't want to argue the topic, I would think you wouldn't bother posting at all.

Natural medicine preys on people just as much and if not more than modern medicine. All the damn time. Completely using false facts, misleading people, abusing passive-aggressive-and-technically-politically-correct tones to market and sell and sell and sell some more to people who genuinely want to do the right things for their body and buy into advertising because that's what it's designed to make people do.

And, unlike doctors, no one needs to go through any real training to become a provider of natural medicine. If having an optimistic view of doctors is naive and simplistic, then that's fine with me. Without my education and training I could have easily seen myself throwing away hundreds of dollars on snake oils, and even with it I've been duped by natural medicine's 'miracle' bullshit quite an embarrassingly-many times. So, yeah, I'm not nearly as optimistic about it, and I think it needs to be very closely scrutinized before beginning any natural remedy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

lol. I hear the feds are/were leaning toward making it legal because of a girl who had a major seizure problem. Her mom fought hard for cannibis oil in some southern state and they refused. Her daughter kept deteriorating and they had to move. When she finally got the oil, her seizures nearly stopped.

Essential oils kill bacteria, viruses, yeast, protozoa, and even cancer.

You can take them internally, inject them, breathe them, or rub them on.
    How would you treat polio and smallpox?

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast