User Tag List

View Poll Results: Like/Dislike Dogs/Cats?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like Dogs, Like Cats

15 37.50%
  • Like Dogs, Neutral Cats

7 17.50%
  • Like Dogs, Dislike Cats

1 2.50%
  • Neutral Dogs, Like Cats

14 35.00%
  • Neutral Dogs, Neutral Cats

1 2.50%
  • Neutral Dogs, Dislike Cats

0 0%
  • Dislike Dogs, Like Cats

1 2.50%
  • Dislike Dogs, Neutral Cats

0 0%
  • Dislike Dogs, Dislike Cats

1 2.50%
First 123

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I like both... Animals are often easier to interact with than people... Lol... I am more inclined to have cats because they are lower-maintenance and less messy. I understand why people could prefer dogs' more obvious affection, but having grown up with cats, I know that they have their ways of showing affection, too. Plus dog-smell can be killer. However, someday when I have a house and a yard and I know I'll be staying put for a while, I'd like to have a well-cleaned dog or two.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm part of a team with a dog. A dog is always there for you, not just when they feel like it. Dogs need structure, just like I do. Dogs are hilarious creatures (the funny ones anyway). Dogs can be smart as hell. Some are dumb, but some cats are dumb too, just like some people are dumb. A dog doesn't conduct a cost benefit analysis before giving one affection, a dog loves you and thats the end of it full stop. Dogs can be trained to do useful things like hunting, protecting etc.. Dogs respond well to proper training and parenting. A dog is a responsibility. Cats are less so because of their independence. Dogs aren't deceitful by nature. And dogs come in different types. With cats variation extends to color and body size, but cats mostly all look the same.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Dogs are friends for lifetime, cats don't care. A dog is a (wo)man's best friend as the proverb says. I guess it's partially due to the rise of individualism in the western culture that cats are often considered to be "superior" to dogs.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

They both bring different things, but if I had to choose, I'd prefer a dog. That being said, personally I feel pets are a waste of time and money. I don't like the responsibility and stress that brings. When I'm feeling depressed or just plain lazy, I'd rather not walk the dog. But if I don't I feel guilty, there's this constant pressure reminding you that you may never truly relax as long as you have that dog. As for cats, there's still the money aspect, and I've had too much experience with cats waking me up in the middle of the night. I'm very picky with getting my sleep no matter how adorable the cat is. All of this is the same reason I'll never want kids, as if someone would ever wish to have kids with me. I'm just not a very good caretaker even though I have a good sense of compassion. Lately, I've been very interested in left-libertarianism.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I like both, but prefer cats. Cats are smart assholes and dogs are clingy idiots.
    This.

A dog is a (wo)man's best friend as the proverb says. I guess it's partially due to the rise of individualism in the western culture that cats are often considered to be "superior" to dogs.
    The Egyptians had pet cats thousands of years ago.

I once saw a beautiful black cat (not a stray) with green eyes outside my apartment. Somehow, I coaxed it towards me. I did not pursue, but rather, got it to come to me and pet him. I thought the cat was going to follow me in the apartment building, it didn't want to leave me alone after that. I think I have a skill for telepathically communicating with cats. (not really.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

Interesting. I'd say I'm slightly left; I mainly disagree with some budgeting issues. I prefer dogs to cats solely because I'm very allergic to cat saliva, and since they lick themselves clean, I can't be around them longer than 20 minutes without a benadryl or two. I guess it fits, being mostly centrist in orientation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Doesn't the study contradict itself for those who like both cats and dogs?

So if one likes dogs they are likely to be conservative and if they like dogs they prefer to maintain system of status quo and inequality, yet, if they so happen to like cats, too? Doesn't that show a sense of equality?

Doesn't make sense. And, most of my dog lover friends seem a lot more hippyish compared to my conservative cat loving friends.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I prefer dogs but like both.

I also like birds and rabbits and hamsters and other fluffy things...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

I am NOT a pet person. So i don't know which i would like the most.

I hope my future family wouldn't want pets either.