• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

computer passes turing test

ygolo

My termites win

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read the article, and only 30% of human judges need to be duped? Sounds pretty lenient to me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was a bunch of crap, if the link to the AI was accurate.

I went to the website to test it out last night and the conversation was pretty lousy. I could tell it was an AI and not a young boy, the syntax was very recognizably wrong when I gave it figurative language that an average human of ten or older would have understood wasn't literal.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No typos or misspellings = not human, or at least not a 13 year old human.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Amazing how the bulk of the media world got it so immediately and blatantly wrong. That's embarrassing... especially if it's your field to report on and the guy's made other spurious claims in the past. it should have raised a lot of warning flags.

Mole

Permabanned
The Turing Test depends on fooling an observer. We can see how easy it is to fool ourselves and each other with mbti, so how easy is it to fool those looking for consciousness in an inanimate object? Looks like animism to me.

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
Some humans don't pass the Turing test, any thought about it ?

Mole

Permabanned
Some humans don't pass the Turing test, any thought about it ?

And some humans do pass the Turing Test. The lucky ones are Macs and the unlucky ones are PCs.

And as you have probably figured out, this is not a Turning Test of a computer into a person, but rather a Reverse Engineered Turing Test of a human into a computer.

So what are you?

Mac or PC?

Ask Turing.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reposting what someone else on that article posted...

jtjcjuefxhsl8zqu8xct.png

:laugh: