• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you pay for internet connection?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did some speed tests a while ago. My listed connection speed with AT&T is about 3Mbps down speed. Supposedly, it is the middle of the line when it comes to their dsl speeds... for about 30 dollars.

I checked the speed test and their average dsl speeds is about 5 mbps down speed. And I thought, holy smokes my connection speed is slower than most people for the price. I mean, that is excluding the network router that they force you to buy (I'd rather use my own one, but nope, they'll force you to use theirs one way or another.)

0arVM7e.png

Last edited:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I pay half that and I don't even get half those speeds :\

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
@work DL 10.6 Mbps(it s actually of 1Mbps) UL 13.46 Mbps for 50 EUR/month
@ home on a different network DL (guaranteed and constant) 10Mbps UL 2-3Mbps for about 10USD/month + cable tv and landline

:D

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
about 30 euros, 26 mbps dl, 3 mbps ul. I hear Belgium's expensive compared to other EU countries.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@work DL 10.6 Mbps(it s actually of 1Mbps) UL 13.46 Mbps for 50 EUR/month
@ home on a different network DL (guaranteed and constant) 10Mbps UL 2-3Mbps for about 10USD/month + cable tv and landline

:D

Second one.... still better than mine...... and with that price. There is a thing called a "bundle", but my family only gets a landline and internet connection, it runs us about something like $40......

about 30 euros, 26 mbps dl, 3 mbps ul. I hear Belgium's expensive compared to other EU countries.

Ummmmmmmm, comparing how much bandwidth you get with that price, it isn't as expensive as my lousy speeds.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just signed up for internet getting it Monday it's.20 dollars a month the first 6 months
Then goes up to 45

W

WhoCares

We don't have real net access in Australia, just pre-historic data downloads on phone plans. I pay $10pm for that, reasonably fair considering it's not capable of anything more than getting emails anyway.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
15/1.7 or something like that.

$35 a month with taxes, 30 base price.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
$9.95 a month for dial up, fluxes between 28kbs and 53kps depending on location.
9.95*12
= 119.40*10
= 1194.00*4
= 4776.00 expenditure over 40 years.

35*12 average for many United State plans.
= 420.00*10
= 4200.00*4
= 16800.00 expenditure over 40 years. $12,024 savings for investing or spending on in hand products (example-a 10,000 DVD library (garage sales) that beats anything a pay site could offer).

If an internet site isn’t efficient in style it’s usually not worth wasting time on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I pay $50 for 50/25 FIOS monthly (+$5/month for the wireless router).

However, Verizon's wireless router sucks. I cable the important stuff (like the TV and Bluray lines, for vidstream), and also cabled my personal router into theirs and tap into that router's wireless. I can hit 65/35 hardwired, and probably 40/20 through my wireless (?), while their wireless was more like 20/8 or something reedic.

I wonder if I even need their stupid router.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I..... pay a lot. Lol.

I have high speed internet, it's $67/month. With fee addons, $70/month. Comcast/XFinity. As of just now, Download test = 28.85mbps, Upload = 5.88

Clearly I should look for something cheaper, based on this thread. Guess I'll put that on my list of things to check out. Ha! On the plus side, I don't really have issues with downloads or videos. And for 3 yrs at my previous apartment I had essentially zero breaks in connectivity, was good for my desktop and via wireless router, throughout the day. (have my own modem/router)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think I pay $40/mo (might have gone up recently)

Most recent test: ping 19ms, 12Mbps download; 0.74Mbps upload

The upload seems slow, but I really don't give a shit about my upload speed

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] you are the only one I can relate closest too :\, and your dl speed is still faster.

Nothing, I steal it from my neighbors.

I'm surprised that there is still a lot of people who don't know how to encrypt their connection :D

Just make sure the connections you are stealing from isn't from a computer genius doing it on purpose, or he'd probably get into your computer.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
26ms, 7.87 mbps download, 1.44 mbps upload.
I pay for 6mbps download.

I pay $35/month. It's the fastest for the price where I live. I'm happy with it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
$20 a month for comcast, just got it will go about to 45 in 6 months still it's split 3 ways.

3508383825.png

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think alone it's $55/mo for, I think, 60mbps (maybe 80) but it's a business connection and that's bundled with 3 phone lines. My husband's company reimburses for the connection. I will say the level of service with a business account is totally worth the cost, even if we had to pay it ourselves.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
"Hi yes I would like to sign up for internet"
"ok, not a problem would you like cable, phone, and security?"
"no I'm good just internet"
"are you sure, do you feel like you live in a safe neighborhood?"
"yes" (it wouldn't matter if I didn't my place is impossible to find every single person who comes over gets lost)
"you can save money if you bundle"
"I have a cell phone, I don't watch tv, and I don't need security. I just want internet, thank you"