User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Gravity Waves

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    I've discovered it was a japanese city (with an interesting history) later ! How does this festival looks like ?
    The Peace Festival of Nara and Canberra is held in a beautiful Japanese garden in the centre of Canberra. The Japanese garden looks out onto Lake Burley Griffin to Black Mountain and the Brindabella Mountains in the distance. It's a popular candlelit festival with a distinct Japanese flavour.

really thrilling
    I am interested in OE (Over Excitability) or, as I call it, high response to stimulae.

And in one post you are thrilled and in another you are excited. So I am wondering, do you have a high response to stimulae?

To read of Over Excitability or high response to stimulae click on http://www.sengifted.org/archives/ar...and-the-gifted

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I am interested in OE (Over Excitability) or, as I call it, high response to stimulae.

And in one post you are thrilled and in another you are excited. So I am wondering, do you have a high response to stimulae?

To read of Over Excitability or high response to stimulae click on http://www.sengifted.org/archives/ar...and-the-gifted
    Haha, because, ultimately, we're not looking for knowledge only for its sake or for the sake of truth but for the affects it brings

Haha, because, ultimately, we're not looking for knowledge only for its sake or for the sake of truth but for the affects it brings

I am quite serious. I have found advice on OE to be helpful. And I was wondering, on the off-chance, if you were OE.

WALMART

it could open a door for the ToE (by harmonizing gravity with quantum physics)
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    This to me is the most exciting prospect.
    I was under the impression that gravity waves would put our understanding of quantum physics at a wider divergence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I was under the impression that gravity waves would put our understanding of quantum physics at a wider divergence.
    I could be wrong - admittedly haven't been good about keeping up with this stuff in several years - but I assumed the that finding a mathematical pattern to gravity better than "instant mysterious force" would be useful to physics in general.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

GRAVITY GUNS!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

FigerPuppet

A gravity wave is the unnatural phenomenon of your mother jumping into the pool.

Infinite Bubble

It's not that much of a big deal as physicists have sort of assumed gravity waves existed since GR predicted them.

But really, gravitons, just reveal yourselves already!

What is interesting is that gravity waves can only propagate at the speed of light, while waves in time and space can propagate faster than the speed of light.