User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: GOOGLE ADSENSE?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default GOOGLE ADSENSE?

I don't know if this is what it is but it;s what the ads say and there's lil blue underlined words on things. and...what is it? spyware? what is going on? i'm a mac user (until this laptop) and have no idea what to do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

AdSense is Google's online advertising program. When you see it it means that the ad you're looking at is provided by Google, and uses Google's search engine and your IP address to provide you with 'localized' ads that are pertinent to the website you're on.

Read more here: http://www.google.com/adsense/start/...efront_adsense

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but why? why do i have it? it keeps popping up when reading threads here.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

What else are you looking at? What other webpages are you looking at?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my gmail and google drive is the only other thing open atm. ...other things probably were a bit ago. like facebook and my company webpage.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my gmail and google drive is the only other thing open atm. ...other things probably were a bit ago. like facebook and my company webpage.
    If it is showing on these pages and such, you might have downloaded and installed something. Check your web-browser (whichever it is... Google/Firefox/IE) of anything you've downloaded.

For Firefox click
    Firefox > Add-Ons > plug-ins/extensions
    and there might have been an Add-on/Extension you may have "accidentally" downloaded (bloatware) while installing something or visiting a site that "requires" it to be there.

For Internet Explorer click
    The Gear/Wheel on the top right > Manage Add-ons
    Same thing as Firefox

For Google, not sure, haven't used it for a long time. Definitely similar to the other two.

If you don't see anything suspicious/weird, use a virus-remover tool(Malwarebytes or Super-Antispyware) and it will probably detect it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I would recommend you to check your Mac for viruses. I use AntiVir and it is one of the best free tools out there (http://www.avira.com/de/avira-free-antivirus).
    What you also can do is getting a Malware Fixer, like for instance HiJackThis. It's free but I'm not sure if they have a Mac Version.
    And I bet you use Safari. The downloads can be viewed on the right hand top, but I also bet you know that.

Unfortunately I'm not that good with Mac (although I have one), but I'd recommend you to clean your Registryfiles, if there was a Virus. I don't know if that's even possible on Mac.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    If it is showing on these pages and such, you might have downloaded and installed something. Check your web-browser (whichever it is... Google/Firefox/IE) of anything you've downloaded.

For Firefox click
    and there might have been an Add-on/Extension you may have "accidentally" downloaded (bloatware) while installing something or visiting a site that "requires" it to be there.

Same thing as Firefox

For Google, not sure, haven't used it for a long time. Definitely similar to the other two.

If you don't see anything suspicious/weird, use a virus-remover tool(Malwarebytes or Super-Antispyware) and it will probably detect it.
    Thanks mAn! I'll see what I can find. Totally don't feel like I know what I'm doing on this computer. I'm a total Mac person I wish I'd just done that. Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I would recommend you to check your Mac for viruses. I use AntiVir and it is one of the best free tools out there (http://www.avira.com/de/avira-free-antivirus).
    What you also can do is getting a Malware Fixer, like for instance HiJackThis. It's free but I'm not sure if they have a Mac Version.
    And I bet you use Safari. The downloads can be viewed on the right hand top, but I also bet you know that.

Unfortunately I'm not that good with Mac (although I have one), but I'd recommend you to clean your Registryfiles, if there was a Virus. I don't know if that's even possible on Mac.

And thankya but the computer with the issue is not a Mac. I've never had any issues with my Macs. Mac <3
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

For Firefox click

Same thing as Firefox

Thanks mAn! I'll see what I can find. Totally don't feel like I know what I'm doing on this computer. I'm a total Mac person I wish I'd just done that. Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post

And thankya but the computer with the issue is not a Mac. I've never had any issues with my Macs. Mac <3
    -Jim Morrison

PC rulez. google ftw!!