• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

GOOGLE ADSENSE?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if this is what it is but it;s what the ads say and there's lil blue underlined words on things. and...what is it? spyware? what is going on? i'm a mac user (until this laptop) and have no idea what to do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but why? why do i have it? it keeps popping up when reading threads here.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my gmail and google drive is the only other thing open atm. ...other things probably were a bit ago. like facebook and my company webpage.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my gmail and google drive is the only other thing open atm. ...other things probably were a bit ago. like facebook and my company webpage.

If it is showing on these pages and such, you might have downloaded and installed something. Check your web-browser (whichever it is... Google/Firefox/IE) of anything you've downloaded.

For Firefox click
Firefox > Add-Ons > plug-ins/extensions
and there might have been an Add-on/Extension you may have "accidentally" downloaded (bloatware) while installing something or visiting a site that "requires" it to be there.

For Internet Explorer click
The Gear/Wheel on the top right > Manage Add-ons
Same thing as Firefox

For Google, not sure, haven't used it for a long time. Definitely similar to the other two.

If you don't see anything suspicious/weird, use a virus-remover tool(Malwarebytes or Super-Antispyware) and it will probably detect it.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I would recommend you to check your Mac for viruses. I use AntiVir and it is one of the best free tools out there (http://www.avira.com/de/avira-free-antivirus).
What you also can do is getting a Malware Fixer, like for instance HiJackThis. It's free but I'm not sure if they have a Mac Version.
And I bet you use Safari. The downloads can be viewed on the right hand top, but I also bet you know that. ;)

Unfortunately I'm not that good with Mac (although I have one), but I'd recommend you to clean your Registryfiles, if there was a Virus. I don't know if that's even possible on Mac.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it is showing on these pages and such, you might have downloaded and installed something. Check your web-browser (whichever it is... Google/Firefox/IE) of anything you've downloaded.

For Firefox click
and there might have been an Add-on/Extension you may have "accidentally" downloaded (bloatware) while installing something or visiting a site that "requires" it to be there.

Same thing as Firefox

For Google, not sure, haven't used it for a long time. Definitely similar to the other two.

If you don't see anything suspicious/weird, use a virus-remover tool(Malwarebytes or Super-Antispyware) and it will probably detect it.

Thanks mAn! I'll see what I can find. Totally don't feel like I know what I'm doing on this computer. I'm a total Mac person I wish I'd just done that. Grr.

I would recommend you to check your Mac for viruses. I use AntiVir and it is one of the best free tools out there (http://www.avira.com/de/avira-free-antivirus).
What you also can do is getting a Malware Fixer, like for instance HiJackThis. It's free but I'm not sure if they have a Mac Version.
And I bet you use Safari. The downloads can be viewed on the right hand top, but I also bet you know that. ;)

Unfortunately I'm not that good with Mac (although I have one), but I'd recommend you to clean your Registryfiles, if there was a Virus. I don't know if that's even possible on Mac.

And thankya but the computer with the issue is not a Mac. I've never had any issues with my Macs. Mac <3

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For Firefox click

Same thing as Firefox

Thanks mAn! I'll see what I can find. Totally don't feel like I know what I'm doing on this computer. I'm a total Mac person I wish I'd just done that. Grr.

And thankya but the computer with the issue is not a Mac. I've never had any issues with my Macs. Mac <3

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

"mac user (until this laptop)" - the details, again! :D

Ok, that said, you can use Hijackthis on your PC (and of course a virus scanner). If it detects something, delete it. You should also check your Registry Keys, if there are any things overwritten by that hypothetical program. Just search for the program "regedit" on your computer to do that. I once had a virus, called "Conduit" which you can't remove from your computer in common ways. But doing these killed it (hopefully).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have no idea what any of that means man!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right yeah just I get confused about what programs are supposed to be in here and the whole organanzation of the files is confusing and it kinda freaks me out to go in and delete stuff cuz I'm not sure if I'm going to screw something up and I'm worried about rather it not whatever software I download is safe but ill just suck it up and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its an spyware that google(and NSA) uses to track down what sorts of adds to give you on web pages that you visit(and NSA for "security")