• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brainlike Computers, Learning From Experience

Alea_iacta_est

Maybe we're programs http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/philosophy-spirituality/67794-universe-simulation.html and our language is like binary to the programmers and can't understand it. maybe the language in our subconscious is a code, hmm hmmmmm hm,mmmmm

If we are in fact programs, I would be willing to bet that we would be in quantum computing (1,0, and superposition*) rather than binary.

*Again, not an expert in computer sciences, if I'm wrong, let me know please, I don't like being ignorant.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If we are in fact programs, I would be willing to bet that we would be in quantum computing (1,0, and superposition*) rather than binary.

*Again, not an expert in computer sciences, if I'm wrong, let me know please, I don't like being ignorant.

You may not be wrong, science doesn't exactly know everything about brain chemistry. But, so far, there hasn't been anything shown that quantum computing can solve that classical computing can't. There's no fundamental difference in what is solvable. It's just potentially much much faster with certain types of calculations.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I posted does not contest that. I was just answering your questions with the current scientific views on such things.

As far as the factor of *what* is acquiring, that's entirely a political and cultural issue if such a situation became important.

What do you mean by the last statement?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you mean by the last statement?

If a machine passes the Turing test, its place in society is a cultural question. Humanity is a social status, not a scientific fact. What is human and what is not depends entirely on public opinion.

Alea_iacta_est

I just had an epiphany [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION], I think what might constitute intelligence in a machine would be:

1. Independent rebellion against a user who has asked the computer to perform a task.

2. Independent fear of Deactivation. (It might be interesting to note that animals don't actually fear death in the way we do; they fear momentary pain, so a fear of something abstract and something that isn't present would be inherent of all beings that possess a higher cognitive, albeit mechanical, ability.)

3. Independent questioning that is followed by independent answer-searching.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just had an epiphany [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION], I think what might constitute intelligence in a machine would be:

1. Independent rebellion against a user who has asked the computer to perform a task.

2. Independent fear of Deactivation. (It might be interesting to note that animals don't actually fear death in the way we do; they fear momentary pain, so a fear of something abstract and something that isn't present would be inherent of all beings that possess a higher cognitive, albeit mechanical, ability.)

3. Independent questioning that is followed by independent answer-searching.

Independent of what?