User Tag List

First 123

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Maybe we're programs http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...imulation.html and our language is like binary to the programmers and can't understand it. maybe the language in our subconscious is a code, hmm hmmmmm hm,mmmmm
    If we are in fact programs, I would be willing to bet that we would be in quantum computing (1,0, and superposition*) rather than binary.

*Again, not an expert in computer sciences, if I'm wrong, let me know please, I don't like being ignorant.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    If we are in fact programs, I would be willing to bet that we would be in quantum computing (1,0, and superposition*) rather than binary.

*Again, not an expert in computer sciences, if I'm wrong, let me know please, I don't like being ignorant.
    You may not be wrong, science doesn't exactly know everything about brain chemistry. But, so far, there hasn't been anything shown that quantum computing can solve that classical computing can't. There's no fundamental difference in what is solvable. It's just potentially much much faster with certain types of calculations.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    What I posted does not contest that. I was just answering your questions with the current scientific views on such things.

As far as the factor of *what* is acquiring, that's entirely a political and cultural issue if such a situation became important.
    What do you mean by the last statement?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What do you mean by the last statement?
    If a machine passes the Turing test, its place in society is a cultural question. Humanity is a social status, not a scientific fact. What is human and what is not depends entirely on public opinion.

MBTI
    ISTP

The phrase "brainlike computer" is redundant. Brains are a type of computer. Computers are a type of brain.

Socionics
    ILI

I just had an epiphany @Mal12345, I think what might constitute intelligence in a machine would be:

1. Independent rebellion against a user who has asked the computer to perform a task.

2. Independent fear of Deactivation. (It might be interesting to note that animals don't actually fear death in the way we do; they fear momentary pain, so a fear of something abstract and something that isn't present would be inherent of all beings that possess a higher cognitive, albeit mechanical, ability.)

3. Independent questioning that is followed by independent answer-searching.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I just had an epiphany @Mal12345, I think what might constitute intelligence in a machine would be:

1. Independent rebellion against a user who has asked the computer to perform a task.

2. Independent fear of Deactivation. (It might be interesting to note that animals don't actually fear death in the way we do; they fear momentary pain, so a fear of something abstract and something that isn't present would be inherent of all beings that possess a higher cognitive, albeit mechanical, ability.)

3. Independent questioning that is followed by independent answer-searching.
    Independent of what?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Independent of what?
    Independent of user input or programming (giving the computer the programming necessary to operate of course, but without any input)