User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default what's a good tablet I can get for around $300

I want it to be a Christmas present to myself or should I save up a little more then buy one?

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Try a Nexus 7, @prplchknz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

What size screen do you want? You should be able to get a pretty good mid-range (at least) tablet for $300. I can give you some recommendations if you describe what you are looking for a bit, like size, resolution, overall specs (like whether you want to use it for high-end games and graphic design, or more basic tasks like web browsing, music, and less demanding games), etc.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    What size screen do you want? You should be able to get a pretty good mid-range (at least) tablet for $300. I can give you some recommendations if you describe what you are looking for a bit, like size, resolution, overall specs (like whether you want to use it for high-end games and graphic design, or more basic tasks like web browsing, music, and less demanding games), etc.
    I'd prefer a larger screen, if I can install steam I'd like higher resolution but also for web browsing and music and netflix a small screen isn't a deal breaker. I'd like the option to upgrade the memory ie an sd card slot.I plan on buying a keyboard and case. It's to replace my laptop ultimately, mainly for travel or when my housemates want to watch a movie as my laptop is the only one that hooks up to the tv.no apple.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Steam? On a tablet? Steam is not available for tablets*. Nexus 7 is pretty decent tablet for the buck. As for larger, I have Galaxy Note 10.1 (one with the pen, but the pen is worthless) and it's nice. I think Galaxy Tabs without 3G should be within your budgets. Or you could buy an older iPad if you can find one at that price point.

Also, you might just want to buy a laptop. I think it's easier than having a tablet with keyboard and case. Laptops come with touchscreen now-a-days. Although Windows 8.1 is pretty weird.

* Technically that is incorrect as tablets could have x86 processor and install Windows/Linux on it. But it is really a laptop mimicing to be tablet. Avoid at all costs, unless you are a hardcore geek.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    yupp

I'm most likely getting the nexus 7