User Tag List

First 234

Thread: 1 = 2

garbage

Here's (1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + ...); smashed together with Zeno's paradox in a conceptual PB&J sandwich except the PB&J sandwich itself is actually a black hole or something

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Here's (1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + ...); smashed together with Zeno's paradox in a conceptual PB&J sandwich except the PB&J sandwich itself is actually a black hole or something

Hah, I've seen variations of the OPs paradox and Zeno's paradox, but I never would have thought to synthesize them.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    This one is kinda silly and easy to spot the error, but it makes for a good joke...

A logic professor teaches a Tuesday Thursday class, and says at the end of class on Thursday he'll give an a "surprise" in class exam the following week. (He's a bastard).

Reasoning that if the exam will be given on Thursday, they would be able to deduce it on Tuesday, and it won't be a surprise, the students rule out that day.

But, again, they know it's on Tuesday now, so that won't be a surprise. The students conclude that this was just a way the professor was getting them to use their powers of deduction, and that there really won't be a surprise exam.

The students were then surprised by the exam when it occurred.
    Were you in my advanced logic class? My professor used this exact thing on us. Seriously, exactly the same...including the days.

The test was on Thursday....so there's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Conclusion: the students should probably just drop the course before it wrecks their GPA. They may also consider switching majors.
    Thanks for telling me....3 years late.