User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Dark Matter

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    113

    Default

    It's the collected souls of grumpy old grandmothers, who are so annoyed at how messy the universe is they want to stick around and tidy it up a bit. Obviously.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Fusion View Post
    It's the collected souls of grumpy old grandmothers, who are so annoyed at how messy the universe is they want to stick around and tidy it up a bit. Obviously.
    I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!
    It's because I'm clevereverer than you.

  4. #24
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    I consider dark matter a placeholder for the unexplained mass in our universe. At some point, sooner or later, a discovery will be made that reasonably explains away the unaccounted-for mass and the concept of "dark matter" will disappear. Who knows what that will be... whether it's a previously undescribed property of physics that results from bodies in space acting on one another or something else entirely. So in this sense, I would say that dark matter is nothing, and it's also something unknown.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Giant View Post
    I consider dark matter a placeholder for the unexplained mass in our universe. At some point, sooner or later, a discovery will be made that reasonably explains away the unaccounted-for mass and the concept of "dark matter" will disappear. Who knows what that will be... whether it's a previously undescribed property of physics that results from bodies in space acting on one another or something else entirely. So in this sense, I would say that dark matter is nothing, and it's also something unknown.
    First you say it's a mass, then you say it's nothing?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    First you say it's a mass, then you say it's nothing?
    No, I said it's a placeholder for unexplained mass. It's like the "here be dragons" on a map. Cartographers knew something was there.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Giant View Post
    No, I said it's a placeholder for unexplained mass. It's like the "here be dragons" on a map. Cartographers knew something was there.
    What if I told you that the problem could be resolved by making a simple adjustment to Newton's gravitational formula?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    There is no such thing as non-baryonic dark matter anchored to matter. Aether has mass, physically occupies three dimensional space and is physically displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

    'Galactic Pile-Up May Point to Mysterious New Dark Force in the Universe - Wired Science'
    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ll-dark-force/

    "The reason this is strange is that dark matter is thought to barely interact with itself. The dark matter should just coast through itself and move at the same speed as the hardly interacting galaxies. Instead, it looks like the dark matter is crashing into something — perhaps itself – and slowing down faster than the galaxies are. But this would require the dark matter to be able to interact with itself in a completely new an unexpected way, a “dark force” that affects only dark matter."

    A "new dark force" is unnecessary and more evidence of how screwed up mainstream physics is. The galaxy clusters are moving through and displacing the aether, analogous to the bow waves of two boats which pass by each other very closely.

    It is the aether which piles up.

    'Offset between dark matter and ordinary matter: evidence from a sample of 38 lensing clusters of galaxies'
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1004.1475

    "Our data strongly support the idea that the gravitational potential in clusters is mainly due to a non-baryonic fluid, and any exotic field in gravitational theory must resemble that of CDM fields very closely."

    The offset is due to the galaxy clusters moving through the aether. The analogy is a submarine moving through the water. You are under water. Two miles away from you are many lights. Moving between you and the lights one mile away is a submarine. The submarine displaces the water. The state of displacement of the water causes the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water to be offset from the center of the submarine itself. The offset between the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water displaced by the submarine and the center of the submarine itself is going to remain the same as the submarine moves through the water. The submarine continually displaces different regions of the water. The state of the water connected to and neighboring the submarine remains the same as the submarine moves through the water even though it is not the same water the submarine continually displaces. This is what is occurring physically in nature as the galaxy clusters move through and displace the aether.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    So aether is like a fluid.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    So aether is like a fluid.
    The aether is, or behaves similar to, a supersolid.

    "The word 'ether' has extremely negative connotations in theoretical physics because of its past association with opposition to relativity. This is unfortunate because, stripped of these connotations, it rather nicely captures the way most physicists actually think about the vacuum. . . . Relativity actually says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of matter pervading the universe, only that any such matter must have relativistic symmetry. [..] It turns out that such matter exists. About the time relativity was becoming accepted, studies of radioactivity began showing that the empty vacuum of space had spectroscopic structure similar to that of ordinary quantum solids and fluids. Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness. It is filled with 'stuff' that is normally transparent but can be made visible by hitting it sufficiently hard to knock out a part. The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

    The "like a piece of window glass" is the 'solid' part of supersolid.

    "any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous “energetic contact” with a hidden medium ... If a hidden sub-quantum medium is assumed, knowledge of its nature would seem desirable. It certainly is of quite complex character. It could not serve as a universal reference medium, as this would be contrary to relativity theory." - Louis de Broglie, Nobel Laureate in Physics

    "According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense." - Albert Einstein, Nobel Laureate in Physics

    The relativistic ether referred to by Laughlin is the hidden sub-quantum medium referred to by de Broglie is the ether which propagates light referred to by Einstein.

    By relativistic ether Laughlin is saying you can't know the state of the ether. You can't know if the ether flows or not. You can't point to an object and say, "I know that object is at rest with respect to the state of the ether in which it exists".

    Same for de Broglie. de Broglie is saying the hidden medium of de Broglie wave mechanics can not "serve as a universal reference medium".

    In the following Einstein is saying the ether does not consist of individual particles which can be separately tracked through time. This is Einstein's way of discussing the relativistic ether. We can't know if the ether flows or not.

    'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
    http://www.tuhh.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.htmll

    "Think of waves on the surface of water. Here we can describe two entirely different things. Either we may observe how the undulatory surface forming the boundary between water and air alters in the course of time; or else-with the help of small floats, for instance - we can observe how the position of the separate particles of water alters in the course of time. If the existence of such floats for tracking the motion of the particles of a fluid were a fundamental impossibility in physics - if, in fact nothing else whatever were observable than the shape of the space occupied by the water as it varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that water consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise it as a medium."

    if, in fact nothing else whatever were observable than the shape of the space occupied by the aether as it varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that aether consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise it as a medium having mass which is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Dark Matter (on Syfy) - MBTI & Enneagram Types
    By jeffcoaster in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2017, 09:20 AM
  2. There Is No Dark Matter
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 08:30 AM
  3. Vera Rubin, Who Confirmed Existence Of Dark Matter, Dies At 88
    By Vasilisa in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 07:40 AM
  4. Post a song with deep, dark, or "heavy" subject matter
    By brown bear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 10:13 PM
  5. Hi, I'm Dark Razor
    By Dark Razor in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO