• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Physics Question - True Or False?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MC = SQR(EM)

(SQR means Square root)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Energy does indeed spring from cubes. Heck, if the box couldn't transform across contexts, relativity would be impossible!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you are asking whether 'mass times speed of light = energy times mass times mass' is true or false?(or maybe you meant something else cuz mass is m, not M and speed of light is c, not C). If you meant that, i highly doubt that it is true, but im not an expert on physics math.

Why?

93JC

This is not a physics question; this is an algebra question, and a rather dumb one at that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you are asking whether 'mass times speed of light = energy times mass times mass' is true or false?(or maybe you meant something else cuz mass is m, not M and speed of light is c, not C). If you meant that, i highly doubt that it is true, but im not an expert on physics math.

Why?

You wrote, translated into equation form, mc=em^2. But I specified that SQR means "square root" (not "squared").

Alea_iacta_est

I have no clue as to how you manipulated that equation to look like that so I think its false
BUT
I did find this beautifully simple yet complex equation out of it.

C =

4throot(E) * 8throot(E)
-------------------------
4throot (M) * 8throot(M)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no clue as to how you manipulated that equation to look like that so I think its false
BUT
I did find this beautifully simple yet complex equation out of it.

C =

4throot(E) * 8throot(E)
-------------------------
4throot (M) * 8throot(M)

You have no clue how I did it, THEREFORE you think it's false?

Alea_iacta_est

You have no clue how I did it, THEREFORE you think it's false?

Yep. You asked whether I thought it was true or false, so I gave an answer after I looked for a possible explanation. I didn't find one from what I was doing, so the answer I have decided to provide is false. It's 50/50 isn't it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. You asked whether I thought it was true or false, so I gave an answer after I looked for a possible explanation. I didn't find one from what I was doing, so the answer I have decided to provide is false. It's 50/50 isn't it?

Nope, it's true, I had it vetted before coming here.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You wrote, translated into equation form, mc=em^2. But I specified that SQR means "square root" (not "squared").

Ups, but still you didnt clarify what you are talking about. But what i wrote does not translate to what you wrote you see, M does not equal m, C does not equal c and E does not equal e. Its like linux, capital letters matter and mean completely different things.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
It's............................................................ genius.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
1285794094949.png

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ups, but still you didnt clarify what you are talking about. But what i wrote does not translate to what you wrote you see, M does not equal m, C does not equal c and E does not equal e. Its like linux, capital letters matter and mean completely different things.

"Ups"? I don't know what United Parcel Service has to do with it either.

But that's true, E does not equal e. I was lazy about capitalization.

G

garbage

I'll do obvious thing and go through the damn algebra. Why not.
  • MC = SQRT(EM)
  • (MC)^2 = EM (square both sides)
  • M^2 * C^2 = EM (distribute square)
  • M * C^2 = E (divide both sides by M)
  • E = MC^2 (rearrange that stuff)
If E = e (notation for energy), M = m (notation for mass), and C = c (notation for speed of light), and if e = mc^2 is intended to represent that ol' famous general relativity equation and is assumed to be true, then the original statement is true.

(aside from stupid technical stuffs, e.g. potential division by 0 in step 4 there, which limits the domain of the equation etc. etc.)