User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    ISTJ eats more than me probably, but keeps it really basic: chicken fingers and pizza forever.
    Hey my ISTJ family friend is exactly like that too. And my ISTJ dad eats a lot too. Interesting.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

I ate a little anf slow growing up

whilr my brother an extrovert ate a lot and fast

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I am independent: given a small bowl, I will finish it and go back for a second small bowl.

But like @nicolita's ISTJ, totally unadventurous in breadth of tastes.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

that explains why my brother always ate all the food in the house.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I always ate small portions as a child and I was always the lat one done. I would get so much clack, but I really liked just smelling and tasting the food as it's own experience. My father and sister (both extraverts) were notorious for scarfing that food down within a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

The only two people in my house growing up who ate a lot. Like gigantic plates completely full were the isfj and isfp.

I almost always chose a small plate or bowl and put little in it and may go back for a but more if I'm still hungry and I usually eat pretty slow.

I like short glasses also. If it's a tall glass I'll fill it up like half way.

I prefer a lot of different things but not much of it. Like yesterday at thanksgiving I think I put like 3 bites or so of everything on my plate. Same with the desert.

That's my favorite.

I will completely over eat chips or cookies if given a whole bag and get preoccupied with something else tho.

i know that's all super interesting. Haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I actually prefer buying/using smaller plates and bowls for the exact reason in the OP: I recognize how affected I am by plate and bowl size, so I try to use it to my advantage.

Re: styles of eating, I wonder how much of that has to do with how individuals experience hunger. I was having a conversation with an INTP and an INFJ about this a while back:

INFJ (eats like a bird): Completely forgets to eat most of the time (barely experiences/recognizes hunger), so relies on friends/boyfriend to give social cues regarding meals
    INTP (snacks whenever hungry during the day, binges at night when wife cooks dinner): Recognizes thirst much more distinctly than hunger, but hunger experience has more to do with mood (feels "different": crankier, etc), than physical experience
    ESTJ (me: three good-sized meals every day): Gets REALLY bad stomach grumbling when hungry, to the point that it feels like stomach is being wrenched -- thus, takes filling snacks/meals very seriously

Not that type would have anything to do with style of hunger. I included type just for kicks.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I first decide how hungry I am, then what's available to eat, then how much of that I want to eat, and pick a bowl or plate accordingly. If I am given a plate I fill it according to this process. So I guess that corresponds to introversion, although if I am out I get hungrier so I tend to get as much food as I am allowed, and will fill up as big a bowl or plate as I am handed.

Maybe I'm atypical for an INFJ, but I am very aware of my physical state and get really hungry. It varies, but I tend to eat a lot overall. I tend to get emotional if I am unable to eat or if I'm tired and unable to sleep- I feel neglected. Much less now that I've worked through my psychological attachment, but it used to be pretty pronounced.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I first decide how hungry I am, then what's available to eat, then how much of that I want to eat, and pick a bowl or plate accordingly. If I am given a plate I fill it according to this process. So I guess that corresponds to introversion, although if I am out I get hungrier so I tend to get as much food as I am allowed, and will fill up as big a bowl or plate as I am handed.

Maybe I'm atypical for an INFJ, but I am very aware of my physical state and get really hungry. It varies, but I tend to eat a lot overall. I tend to get emotional if I am unable to eat or if I'm tired and unable to sleep- I feel neglected. Much less now that I've worked through my psychological attachment, but it used to be pretty pronounced.
    I'm the same way. I generally eat a good amount unless I'm sick, etc. Maybe it's an sp-dom thing?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by autumnandtherain View Post
    I'm the same way. I generally eat a good amount unless I'm sick, etc. Maybe it's an sp-dom thing?
    I think so. INFJ + Sp = a more dynamic relationship with Se. That makes sense.