User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Never wet!

Default Never wet!

http://junkee.com/someone-invented-m...g-us-out/14880 I think this is really a great thing to discover! What do you think?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

YES!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

That looks awesome, I bet there are some negative aspects to it though. We'll probably realize eventually that it causes cancer or something.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

This could actually be super useful in your everyday life.

Imagine never really needing windshield wipers again, or a car wash for your car? Imagine the amount of water we'd save not having to wash cars.

And preventing water damage in homes? Coating water pipes with this to keep water from leaking? Basements and foundations?

Imagine if we start treating cell phones with this stuff so that we wouldn't have to replace the cell phone? (Someone's going to start offering this service soon, I know they are.)

I can think of about a million ways that this stuff would be super helpful.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this is awesome. i want all my clothes treated and rugs and furniture. is it scratchy next to your skin tho? i couldn't have that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    this is awesome. i want all my clothes treated and rugs and furniture. is it scratchy next to your skin tho? i couldn't have that.
    It makes treated surfaces whitish and somewhat stiff/inflexible (a little like a tarp, only without the thickness). A coworker treated his umbrella and brought it in. It was very cool, but definitely not appropriate for most clothes and rugs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    It makes treated surfaces whitish and somewhat stiff/inflexible (a little like a tarp, only without the thickness). A coworker treated his umbrella and brought it in. It was very cool, but definitely not appropriate for most clothes and rugs.
    right...i guess that would sort of be expected. that's too bad tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right...i guess that would sort of be expected. that's too bad tho.
    Also, since it has a texture and is semi-opaque, it also wouldn't work for treating windshields, etc.

Here's a pretty good arstechnica article written by someone testing it out on various surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by arstechnica
    Worth noting also is the feel of the shirt coated in Ultra-Ever Dry. It felt a bit chalky against my skin—I wouldn't want to wear a shirt or pants treated with the stuff, at least not without an untreated layer under me. It made the fabric feel stiff, and it was not at all comfortable. This is fine for shoes or boots, but not for anything you'd wear on your body. The exception might be a coat or a jacket, but I wouldn't spray Ultra-Ever Dry on anything expensive—the change in texture and the translucent film would detract hugely from a nice coat's look and feel. That said, it definitely worked—mostly, anyway. I would need a more even and far more thorough coating to withstand a soaking like the one my wife made me endure. She would not stop spraying me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    http://junkee.com/someone-invented-m...g-us-out/14880 I think this is really a great thing to discover! What do you think?
    Repeat thread.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Repeat thread.
    you know that picture you had with the pregnant belly basketball thing i totally thought was you until i just saw it on some website. it's not you is it?
    -Jim Morrison