• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Never wet!

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
That looks awesome, I bet there are some negative aspects to it though. We'll probably realize eventually that it causes cancer or something.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This could actually be super useful in your everyday life.

Imagine never really needing windshield wipers again, or a car wash for your car? Imagine the amount of water we'd save not having to wash cars.

And preventing water damage in homes? Coating water pipes with this to keep water from leaking? Basements and foundations?

Imagine if we start treating cell phones with this stuff so that we wouldn't have to replace the cell phone? (Someone's going to start offering this service soon, I know they are.)

I can think of about a million ways that this stuff would be super helpful.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is awesome. i want all my clothes treated and rugs and furniture. is it scratchy next to your skin tho? i couldn't have that.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is awesome. i want all my clothes treated and rugs and furniture. is it scratchy next to your skin tho? i couldn't have that.

It makes treated surfaces whitish and somewhat stiff/inflexible (a little like a tarp, only without the thickness). A coworker treated his umbrella and brought it in. It was very cool, but definitely not appropriate for most clothes and rugs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It makes treated surfaces whitish and somewhat stiff/inflexible (a little like a tarp, only without the thickness). A coworker treated his umbrella and brought it in. It was very cool, but definitely not appropriate for most clothes and rugs.

right...i guess that would sort of be expected. that's too bad tho.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
right...i guess that would sort of be expected. that's too bad tho.

Also, since it has a texture and is semi-opaque, it also wouldn't work for treating windshields, etc.

Here's a pretty good arstechnica article written by someone testing it out on various surfaces.

arstechnica said:
Worth noting also is the feel of the shirt coated in Ultra-Ever Dry. It felt a bit chalky against my skin—I wouldn't want to wear a shirt or pants treated with the stuff, at least not without an untreated layer under me. It made the fabric feel stiff, and it was not at all comfortable. This is fine for shoes or boots, but not for anything you'd wear on your body. The exception might be a coat or a jacket, but I wouldn't spray Ultra-Ever Dry on anything expensive—the change in texture and the translucent film would detract hugely from a nice coat's look and feel. That said, it definitely worked—mostly, anyway. I would need a more even and far more thorough coating to withstand a soaking like the one my wife made me endure. She would not stop spraying me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Repeat thread.

you know that picture you had with the pregnant belly basketball thing i totally thought was you until i just saw it on some website. it's not you is it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know that picture you had with the pregnant belly basketball thing i totally thought was you until i just saw it on some website. it's not you is it?

All my avatars are "Me" from a certain perspective.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, I love the commentary in the article.

I wonder what using this stuff as lube would be like...

I would bet with 90% confidence that it would give you cancer. Sooner or later. And would probably feel horrendous. Unless you mean a different kind of lube...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, I love the commentary in the article.

It would bet with 90% confidence that it would give you cancer. Sooner or later. And would probably feel horrendous. Unless you mean a different kind of lube...

At first I thought this was a thread devoted to frigid females. Then I realized I had already posted a thread.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At first I thought this was a thread devoted to frigid females. Then I realized I had already posted a thread.
Dude, I did too.

Now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't stick if you're applying it to something which is already somewhat moist.

And answer my question in the other thread, fool. I got all excited.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, I did too.

Now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't stick if you're applying it to something which is already somewhat moist.

And answer my question in the other thread, fool. I got all excited.

Yes, we must get you away from this thread immediately.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
PERFECT FOR MURDERING PEOPLE