User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Please don't tell me this whole idea of "micro-chipping the masses" will EVER happen! Because then the Bible might actually be right about something (Mark of the Beast) and be an omen of bad things that are to come.

We don't want to become robots; we want to become a supernatural uber-race with an ultimate willpower and a life force.
    You know there is always some shit out there working to have the prophecies/predictions in the Bible come true. They like hiding their bullshit behind what has been written in times past.

"Mark of the Beast? What does that involve? The chipping of every individual and making people unable to live if they don't get chipped? Sweet, let's do it."

I'll be honest, the mark of the beast is one of the most insanely accurate predictions I've seen in the Bible, just due to how long ago it was predicted, and how close we are today to being that kinda society.

Infinite Bubble

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2115459

Some predictions from a while ago. I can't be bothered to repost. :P

figsfiggyfigs

Raptor Wizard 2.0

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Ten years from now, Bob Dylan and Hugh Hefner will be dead.

Twenty years from now, we'll either have gotten our shit together in regards to the cleaner of the alternative energy sources, or we'll go through another fossil fuel scarcity panic plus look back at now as the good old days, environmentally speaking.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I predict that within 10 - 15 years, a movie will be made of one of Brandon Sanderson's books.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I predict that within 10 - 15 years, a movie will be made of one of Brandon Sanderson's books.
    Which one, do you think?

It would probably be the Mistborn series...plenty of room for action/special fx. I wouldn't go see it. He needs to write faster!

I predict that we will enter a die-back phase...globalization will end and we will try to learn to live in our own backyards and what they have in them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Which one, do you think?

It would probably be the Mistborn series...plenty of room for action/special fx. I wouldn't go see it. He needs to write faster!
    Mistborn would be hard to do but that would be my vote - like a Lord of the Rings kind of trilogy. It's my favorite book series of all time.

He actually writes pretty quickly. I buy all his books when they first come out. I'm reading Steelheart right now and that's after reading the Rithamatist that was released in May. Then there was The Emperor's Soul, which was released in October of last year which won the Hugo Award. Words of Radiance - the sequel to The Way of Kings will be out in March of 2014 and that will be a long book.

He got caught up in finishing the Wheel of Time Series when Robert Jordan died so it seemed like he wasn't writing much for a while there (unless you are a Robert Jordan fan).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Mistborn would be hard to do but that would be my vote - like a Lord of the Rings kind of trilogy. It's my favorite book series of all time.

He got caught up in finishing the Wheel of Time Series when Robert Jordan died so it seemed like he wasn't writing much for a while there (unless you are a Robert Jordan fan).
    But that's my favorite complaint...

Woo...sounds like I need to raid your library! I lost a lot of my books when I moved out here. I'm slowly buying them all back. I'd like to read Elantris again.

I remember him getting tied up writing the end of that series. I tried very hard to read Wheel of Time series but hated it. Gave up at the 3rd book, I think? I couldn't get into it at all. My sister went nuts over it...I was jealous of her rapture.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I tried very hard to read Wheel of Time series but hated it. Gave up at the 3rd book, I think? I couldn't get into it at all. My sister went nuts over it...I was jealous of her rapture.
    I have had the first book of Wheel of Time on my bedside table for the last six months and I am determined to start reading it. Haven't been able to get past the first 10 - 20 pages.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

I bet my soul we'll all be dead in the next 100 years if wrong you can eat my corpse