• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Newton Vs. Einstein: who's smarter?

Newton Vs. Einstein: who's smarter?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://palscience.com/science/5-of-the-worlds-most-intelligent-people/

Sir Isaac Newton:

This genius was born in 1642 and died in 1727, he was a mathematician and physicist and natural philosopher. Born at Woolsthorpe, near Grantham in Lincolnshire, where he attended school, he entered Cambridge University in 1661; he was elected a Fellow of Trinity College in 1667. He formulated laws of universal gravitation and motion-laws that explain how objects move on Earth as well as through the heavens. If you ever taken a physics you would learn about his three popular laws, and you may hear the apply story that led him to discover the theory of force and gravity. He basically saw an apply fall in his orchard at some time during 1665 or 1666 that Newton conceived that the same force governed the motion of the Moon and the apple. He calculated the force needed to hold the Moon in its orbit, as compared with the force pulling an object to the ground. He also calculated the centripetal force needed to hold a stone in a sling, and the relation between the length of a pendulum and the time of its swing. These early explorations were not soon exploited by Newton, though he studied astronomy and the problems of planetary motion.. Because he was cleaver in math, he invited the area of mathematics called calculus “used to be called method of fluxions“. While still a student, Newton read recent work on optics and light by the English physicists Robert Boyle and Robert Hooke; he also studied both the mathematics and the physics of the French philosopher and scientist René Descartes. All these amazing discoveries made his take our number one of the world’s most intelligent people.

Albert Einstein:

He is considered one of the greatest and most popular scientists of all time. He was born at Ulm, in Württemberg, Germany, on March 14, 1879. After World War II, Einstein was a leading figure in the World Government Movement, he was offered the Presidency of the State of Israel, which he declined, and he collaborated with Dr. Chaim Weizmann in establishing the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. At the start of his scientific work, Einstein realized the inadequacies of Newtonian mechanics and his special theory of relativity stemmed from an attempt to reconcile the laws of mechanics with the laws of the electromagnetic field. He dealt with classical problems of statistical mechanics and problems in which they were merged with quantum theory: this led to an explanation of the Brownian movement of molecules. He investigated the thermal properties of light with a low radiation density and his observations laid the foundation of the photon theory of light. Albert Einstein received honorary doctorate degrees in science, medicine and philosophy from many European and American universities. One last note, he received the Nobel Prize in Physics 1921.

*According to David Keirsey, Newton is INTJ, and Einstein is INTP.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Of course its Newton. Einstein made revolutionary changes to science, but others probably wouldve got there not that long after.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Newton. He also came up with calculus (and yes... I know someone else may have done that before him, but he did that independently, as far as I know. )

And yes, I think Newton was an INTJ.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeah, his contributions to math and science were huge. He more or less laid the groundwork for the industrial revolution, and not really in line with where the world was going prior to him.

Einstein also laid a lot of the groundwork for modern science, but the transition was far less huge than Newton's. I think I've heard it said that people might not have got to where Newton took science and math until a few centuries later if Newton didn't exist. For Einstein it would've been a few decades max. A lot of the groundwork was already laid for him.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then again, Newton never really had to think far outside of the box, sure Newton's contribution to science is far greater than einstein's contribution. But the contributions of Newton are not at all complicated. Just very brave and foundational for its time.

So I believe Einstein to be smarter. But I respect Newton more? ;)

Standuble

I do believe Sidis was smart but I think he was burnt out. His parents pushed him along a path from day one and I don't think it wasn't the case where he couldn't be a normal child he just was never given the chance to. Had they let him live a little I think he would have discovered a passion for the maths and sciences. Despite this I think he made a discovery though: his intelligence didn't obligate him to change the world or change the course of history. Had he done so would he of been a success? If you have a supposed IQ of 300 many people would expect a miracle worker.