• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Mankind Really At The Top Of The Food Chain?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/spiritlake.htm

Unfortunately, the only full story I could find on this incident occurs in the same context as Big Foot. I'm not claiming that Big Foot is at the top of the food chain. I'm not thinking of Big Foot at all. But the mysterious disappearance of this professional skier on the slopes of Mt. St. Helen is just weirder than weird.

"Carter's complete disappearance is an unsolved mystery to this day," declared Bob Lee, well-known Portland mountaineer who is a member of the exclusive world wide Alpine Club, a leader of the 1961 Himalayan expedition, and adviser to the 1963 American expedition.

Lee said he had never seen one of the monsters, but that there certainly was evidence "that there was something strange on the high slopes of the mountain." He was convinced of this during the search for Carter, he said.

"Dr. Otto Trott, Lee Stark and I finally came to the conclusion that the mountain devils got him," said Lee seriously.​

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it's not a vertical structure, it's a circle.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about the nine foot masonic lizards who rule the world?
They're eating carrots and mashed potatoes. They don't count.

ygolo

My termites win
Of some relevance:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/FoodWebSimple.jpg/721px-FoodWebSimple.jpg
721px-FoodWebSimple.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of some relevance:

That's only as far as science knows - at best. And there are no omnivores in the graph.

Edit - in other words, there's no place in it for mountain devils.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looked at this way, bacteria and other decomposers might be at the top of the food chain.

As for the OP.... I'm not in the mood for making you look silly and then feeling guilty about it again. If you insist, I can dance with you, in a non-gay totally heterosexual way, but you don't seem to enjoy the way it ends.

I never felt like you made me look silly before, and I'm not about to start feeling silly just because you called me on some logical point or other.

Ok, the truth is, being a professional, world champion skier, this Jim Carter guy couldn't resist the urge to challenge the hill. The fact that nobody found his body afterward doesn't mean the "mountain devils" took him. Maybe his body was taken by a hungry bear.

As for all the spooky feelings of being "watched," who hasn't felt that way being alone in the mountains? In fact, it's a very common feeling.

No, actually, I believe the mountain devils took him, only I wouldn't call them anything as silly as "mountain devils." There is a form of life on Earth that preys on humans as well as other animals, and in fact, humans are just another species of prey to this being.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There are lots of animals on Earth that prey on humans as well as other animals and consider humans just another species of prey. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), alligators, crocodiles, sharks... the list is pretty long, actually. No need for cryptozoology for us not to be at the "top of the food chain." Am I missing something?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are lots of animals on Earth that prey on humans as well as other animals and consider humans just another species of prey. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), alligators, crocodiles, sharks... the list is pretty long, actually. No need for cryptozoology for us not to be at the "top of the food chain." Am I missing something?

Yes.

Humans have the ability to force all these other species out of their habitats. Humans have even brought down the smallpox virus. Lions and tigers and bears can take down individual humans, but not the human race. There are laws protecting animals for a reason. The idea behind these laws isn't to protect individual animals per se, but species as a whole.

But there is one species that the human race can never bring down. The identity of this species is unknown, perhaps unknowable. It lurks hidden in the remotest areas of the Earth as it awaits its prey.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm sorry. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

The species that poses the most threat to the survival of other species is the dominant species.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The species that poses the most threat to the survival of other species is the dominant species.

I'm aware of that. I took Bio101. It seems like you're saying that there's another species that fills this role, over and above humans, but usually when people say things they have reasons and evidence, and I'm not seeing any of that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm aware of that. I took Bio101. It seems like you're saying that there's another species that fills this role, over and above humans, but usually when people say things they have reasons and evidence, and I'm not seeing any of that.

Did you read the OP and article that accompanies it?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Did you read the OP and article that accompanies it?

Yeah, I did. I just read them again to make sure I didn't miss anything substantial. Still not seeing any reasons or evidence in either one. I just see a lot of wild speculation and references to eyewitnesses who are never quoted or even in most cases named. It doesn't make any reference to any other tracks of whatever might be pursuing him, although apparently his ski tracks were clear enough to give every detail about his hasty exit. Are these mountain devils supposed to have wings or something?

Okay, that's all I've got in me for this topic. I'm not getting into this in any serious sense. It's just humorous.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I did. I just read them again to make sure I didn't miss anything substantial. Still not seeing any reasons or evidence in either one. I just see a lot of wild speculation and references to eyewitnesses who are never quoted or even in most cases named. It doesn't make any reference to any other tracks of whatever might be pursuing him, although apparently his ski tracks were clear enough to give every detail about his hasty exit. Are these mountain devils supposed to have wings or something?

Okay, that's all I've got in me for this topic. I'm not getting into this in any serious sense. It's just humorous.

The predator is airborne, but I'm not talking about mountain devils.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is it a pterodactyl? Please be a pterodactyl! I love dinosaurs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The predator has to be faster than a clumsy pterodactyl. Nor does it necessarily consist of flesh and bone.

A

Anew Leaf

OMG I BET ITS ONE WITH A SHARK STRAPPED TO ITS BELLY AND INSIDE THE SHARK IS A CAKE BECAUSE WHO COULD RESIST THAT?!?! ITS THE PERFECT ALLUREMENT!