User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Is Mankind Really At The Top Of The Food Chain?

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/art...spiritlake.htm

Unfortunately, the only full story I could find on this incident occurs in the same context as Big Foot. I'm not claiming that Big Foot is at the top of the food chain. I'm not thinking of Big Foot at all. But the mysterious disappearance of this professional skier on the slopes of Mt. St. Helen is just weirder than weird.

"Carter's complete disappearance is an unsolved mystery to this day," declared Bob Lee, well-known Portland mountaineer who is a member of the exclusive world wide Alpine Club, a leader of the 1961 Himalayan expedition, and adviser to the 1963 American expedition.

Lee said he had never seen one of the monsters, but that there certainly was evidence "that there was something strange on the high slopes of the mountain." He was convinced of this during the search for Carter, he said.

"Dr. Otto Trott, Lee Stark and I finally came to the conclusion that the mountain devils got him," said Lee seriously.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

it's not a vertical structure, it's a circle.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    it's not a vertical structure, it's a circle.
    It's not even a circle. It's a web.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

What about the nine foot masonic lizards who rule the world?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What about the nine foot masonic lizards who rule the world?
    They're eating carrots and mashed potatoes. They don't count.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Of some relevance:
    That's only as far as science knows - at best. And there are no omnivores in the graph.

Edit - in other words, there's no place in it for mountain devils.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Looked at this way, bacteria and other decomposers might be at the top of the food chain.

As for the OP.... I'm not in the mood for making you look silly and then feeling guilty about it again. If you insist, I can dance with you, in a non-gay totally heterosexual way, but you don't seem to enjoy the way it ends.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Looked at this way, bacteria and other decomposers might be at the top of the food chain.

As for the OP.... I'm not in the mood for making you look silly and then feeling guilty about it again. If you insist, I can dance with you, in a non-gay totally heterosexual way, but you don't seem to enjoy the way it ends.
    I never felt like you made me look silly before, and I'm not about to start feeling silly just because you called me on some logical point or other.

Ok, the truth is, being a professional, world champion skier, this Jim Carter guy couldn't resist the urge to challenge the hill. The fact that nobody found his body afterward doesn't mean the "mountain devils" took him. Maybe his body was taken by a hungry bear.

As for all the spooky feelings of being "watched," who hasn't felt that way being alone in the mountains? In fact, it's a very common feeling.

No, actually, I believe the mountain devils took him, only I wouldn't call them anything as silly as "mountain devils." There is a form of life on Earth that preys on humans as well as other animals, and in fact, humans are just another species of prey to this being.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

There are lots of animals on Earth that prey on humans as well as other animals and consider humans just another species of prey. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), alligators, crocodiles, sharks... the list is pretty long, actually. No need for cryptozoology for us not to be at the "top of the food chain." Am I missing something?