• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Mankind Really At The Top Of The Food Chain?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah that is a little weird. If these beings (Bigfoot type things) exist, then why isn't there more evidence? Surely they would have a hard time staying hidden in caves and such. Why wouldn't we have discovered their homes when they're not there? It's possible we have and just assume they were from humans. I don't think there is any reason they would be significantly more "magical" than we are, although it is possible they have found sophisticated ways to elude us.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Depends of the scale . Interplanetary, bacteria-land, viruses... How you define entities... (We could be seen as a vehicle for ideas for example)
Its all biased. But biased stories tell you much about the storyteller. So its interesting :)

The world is hugable that way

Mole

Permabanned
I think we take inter-subjectivity for granted and so it becomes invisible to us. For instance, right now, in front of everyone, we are being inter-subjective. Who would have guessed?

No other animal is inter-subjective so it is more than likely that if alien life exists, it will also not be inter-subjective, and yet we presume it is.

In other words we presume alien life will be a mirror image of ourselves. This is called projection.

So just as we project ourselves onto supernatural beings, we project ourselves onto aliens.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is good information in favor of our natural order being evil and of the Devil. It's all eat or be eaten! The only good I can see in this would be that struggle could make us stronger or give us a greater appreciation for the wonders of life. I don't know though, is it really worth it to pay the price of suffering just for a larger perspective with the powers in our world?

I don't know, I just don't want to get eaten.

Why else would he ski that fast for no reason?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.

Hmmm... I'll buy that. I wonder.... if aliens did visit earth, what would I need to convince me?

I guess I'd like to know what they're doing, where they came from, how long they've been here, what their intentions are. If I'm going to revise everything I know about the nature of life in my planet, I would need to know how thsee beings fit into the wider context. The thing that seems ridiculous to me about these stories is that they seem like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. I'd have to build an entirely new puzzle along that piece, so I'd like more than one piece.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
He was obviously vaporized by the 13,000 year old satellite orbiting the Earth. He knew too much.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm... I'll buy that. I wonder.... if aliens did visit earth, what would I need to convince me?

I guess I'd like to know what they're doing, where they came from, how long they've been here, what their intentions are. If I'm going to revise everything I know about the nature of life in my planet, I would need to know how thsee beings fit into the wider context. The thing that seems ridiculous to me about these stories is that they seem like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. I'd have to build an entirely new puzzle along that piece, so I'd like more than one piece.
Oh yeah, makes sense. I was thinking they would be studying us and don't want to cause an uproar by exposing themselves, because that would affect research, and cause problems politically with their people.

I think it's likely that governments know about them but are keeping it secret, like in Men In Black, although I'm sure the number of people who know is very small. I also wonder if some people have alien spirits incarnated in human bodies, or if humans have fused their DNA with extraterrestrial beings throughout history. That could even be part of how we evolved as a species. But all that's Ni craziness again. :)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why else would he ski that fast for no reason?
The Devil went up to Cascadia. He was lookin' for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind. He was willing to make a deal
When he came across this young man flyin' down the slopes and tearin' em hot.
And the Devil jumped upon a pine tree stump and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm an alpine skiier, too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I wanna race freestyle with you.
Now you carve a pretty good mountain, man, but give the Devil his due.
I'll bet two poles o' gold against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Patchouli, and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was obviously vaporized by the 13,000 year old satellite orbiting the Earth. He knew too much.

I miss the old Star Trek phasers where people and things would get vaporized.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Devil went up to Cascadia. He was lookin' for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind. He was willing to make a deal
When he came across this young man flyin' down the slopes and tearin' em hot.
And the Devil jumped upon a pine tree stump and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm an alpine skiier, too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I wanna race freestyle with you.
Now you carve a pretty good mountain, man, but give the Devil his due.
I'll bet two poles o' gold against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Patchouli, and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."

The Devil won!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yeah, makes sense. I was thinking they would be studying us and don't want to cause an uproar by exposing themselves, because that would affect research, and cause problems politically with their people.

I think it's likely that governments know about them but are keeping it secret, like in Men In Black, although I'm sure the number of people who know is very small. I also wonder if some people have alien spirits incarnated in human bodies, or if humans have fused their DNA with extraterrestrial beings throughout history. That could even be part of how we evolved as a species. But all that's Ni craziness again. :)

Well, Neanderthals aren't extraterrestrials, but they were another species or subspecies, and we definitely mated with them at some point, which I love to think about. It makes me so hot.

Well, not really but it's fascinating.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, Neanderthals aren't extraterrestrials, but they were another species or subspecies, and we definitely mated with them at some point, which I love to think about. It makes me so hot.

Well, not really but it's fascinating.

It's only because Neanderthal women couldn't run faster than Homo sapiens.