User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is Mankind Really At The Top Of The Food Chain?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah that is a little weird. If these beings (Bigfoot type things) exist, then why isn't there more evidence? Surely they would have a hard time staying hidden in caves and such. Why wouldn't we have discovered their homes when they're not there? It's possible we have and just assume they were from humans. I don't think there is any reason they would be significantly more "magical" than we are, although it is possible they have found sophisticated ways to elude us.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Depends of the scale . Interplanetary, bacteria-land, viruses... How you define entities... (We could be seen as a vehicle for ideas for example)
    Its all biased. But biased stories tell you much about the storyteller. So its interesting

The world is hugable that way
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    I think we take inter-subjectivity for granted and so it becomes invisible to us. For instance, right now, in front of everyone, we are being inter-subjective. Who would have guessed?

No other animal is inter-subjective so it is more than likely that if alien life exists, it will also not be inter-subjective, and yet we presume it is.

In other words we presume alien life will be a mirror image of ourselves. This is called projection.

So just as we project ourselves onto supernatural beings, we project ourselves onto aliens.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is good information in favor of our natural order being evil and of the Devil. It's all eat or be eaten! The only good I can see in this would be that struggle could make us stronger or give us a greater appreciation for the wonders of life. I don't know though, is it really worth it to pay the price of suffering just for a larger perspective with the powers in our world?
    I don't know, I just don't want to get eaten.

Why else would he ski that fast for no reason?
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Lol, I love him.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.
    Hmmm... I'll buy that. I wonder.... if aliens did visit earth, what would I need to convince me?

I guess I'd like to know what they're doing, where they came from, how long they've been here, what their intentions are. If I'm going to revise everything I know about the nature of life in my planet, I would need to know how thsee beings fit into the wider context. The thing that seems ridiculous to me about these stories is that they seem like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. I'd have to build an entirely new puzzle along that piece, so I'd like more than one piece.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

He was obviously vaporized by the 13,000 year old satellite orbiting the Earth. He knew too much.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Hmmm... I'll buy that. I wonder.... if aliens did visit earth, what would I need to convince me?

I guess I'd like to know what they're doing, where they came from, how long they've been here, what their intentions are. If I'm going to revise everything I know about the nature of life in my planet, I would need to know how thsee beings fit into the wider context. The thing that seems ridiculous to me about these stories is that they seem like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. I'd have to build an entirely new puzzle along that piece, so I'd like more than one piece.
    Oh yeah, makes sense. I was thinking they would be studying us and don't want to cause an uproar by exposing themselves, because that would affect research, and cause problems politically with their people.

I think it's likely that governments know about them but are keeping it secret, like in Men In Black, although I'm sure the number of people who know is very small. I also wonder if some people have alien spirits incarnated in human bodies, or if humans have fused their DNA with extraterrestrial beings throughout history. That could even be part of how we evolved as a species. But all that's Ni craziness again.

6w5, 4w3, 1w9 (probably)

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Why else would he ski that fast for no reason?
    The Devil went up to Cascadia. He was lookin' for a soul to steal.
    He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind. He was willing to make a deal
    When he came across this young man flyin' down the slopes and tearin' em hot.
    And the Devil jumped upon a pine tree stump and said "Boy, let me tell you what."

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm an alpine skiier, too.
    And if you'd care to take a dare, I wanna race freestyle with you.
    Now you carve a pretty good mountain, man, but give the Devil his due.
    I'll bet two poles o' gold against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you."

The boy said, "My name's Patchouli, and it might be a sin,
    But I'll take your bet; and you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best there's ever been."
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He was obviously vaporized by the 13,000 year old satellite orbiting the Earth. He knew too much.
    I miss the old Star Trek phasers where people and things would get vaporized.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.