First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Um, maybe he went really fast on his skiis because he was skiing? The logic that "he was too experienced to do something so stupid" is flawed reasoning. People do dumb shit all the time, even people with experience. Do you truly believe that "experts" are incapable of making mistakes?
    I also mentioned the possibility that he was just skiing. But there is no motive for ditching the job he was asked to do - photographing some skiers - and go racing down the mountainside at full speed risking everything for nothing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I also mentioned the possibility that he was just skiing. But there is no motive for ditching the job he was asked to do - photographing some skiers - and go racing down the mountainside at full speed risking everything for nothing.
    True. The obvious answer is that an unknowable flying monster got him.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't go from there to Super Apemen. I just don't. Honestly, you're starting to sound like AphroditeGoneAwry ranting about Freemasons. It's even the same argumentative style. The only thing missing is saying that everyone who is disagreeing is doing so because of being brainwashed by the dominant white male point of view, and you'll be there!

"A few things don't add up. Therefore, there must be a really bizarre explanation that explains all of this." I can't precisely define or explain it... but it's got to be there, and it's got to be something really weird."'

Listen pal, that's kind of cognition seems to have something to do with introverted intuition, not thinking.

It's fine. Some of my best friends are introverted intuitives.

I like you guys just fine. It's just that when you do this, it's hard for me not to point out how ridiculous it is, no matter how much "evidence" you have. The problem for me is that you have all evidence and no theory. You're saying that things don't add up, fine, but where you lose me is when you suggest what actually happened. The suggestion doesn't fit into anything else around it. It's isolated and comes out of nowhere. (And, oddly enough, this kind of behavior seems more common among INTJs than INFJs.... maybe the Ti balances some of this stuff out? It seems more Ni-Fi than Ni-TI.)

It's ok, you can come out of the closet as an INTJ.
    Last edited by Julius_Van_Der_Beak; 08-18-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe spaghetti shaped?

In other news...this thread is astounding. This is great though, I really think court cases could be far more interesting, (especially televised dramas based around them like Law & Order), if occam's razor was reversed and the most likely reason was now the flying monkey/gnome person.

Ahh....Judge Judy would become AMAZING!

I seriously suggest watching some Monkey News....

Another favourite of this type of.....thinking would be 'alien gives man a beard'
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This is good information in favor of our natural order being evil and of the Devil. It's all eat or be eaten! The only good I can see in this would be that struggle could make us stronger or give us a greater appreciation for the wonders of life. I don't know though, is it really worth it to pay the price of suffering just for a larger perspective with the powers in our world?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It MAY be knowable, scientifically. But in order to do so we will need to toss aside 2500 years of biological science and start all over again with a new set of assumptions about what can and cannot constitute a life form.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

There are lots of animals on Earth that prey on humans as well as other animals and consider humans just another species of prey. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), alligators, crocodiles, sharks... the list is pretty long, actually. No need for cryptozoology for us not to be at the "top of the food chain." Am I missing something?
    This. We've hunted our natural predators almost to extinction, so most people forget that they exist.

That said, my out of control Ni can't help but believe that most anything is possible; I don't think we can reasonably say that such things as extraterrestrial beings and unclassified "monsters" are impossible. We certainly don't know every species on Earth- new species are being discovered all the time.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    This. We've hunted our natural predators almost to extinction, so most people forget that they exist.

That said, my out of control Ni can't help but believe that most anything is possible; I don't think we can reasonably say that such things as extraterrestrial beings and unclassified "monsters" are impossible. We certainly don't know every species on Earth- new species are being discovered all the time.
    I certainly don't think extraterrestrials are impossible. Actually, I'm almost certain they exist. I'm going to need more to go on than a missing skier to conclude that they've visited Earth, though.

And for the same reason, I don't consider monsters out of the question. People have discovered things that are, in my opinion, stranger than Bigfoot.

The thing that's hard for me to wrap my head around is the sort of "power" attributed to them, to the extent that "we will never be able to detect them." I guess my worldview is that I believe there are plenty of things that are undiscovered, but there's not very much, if anything, that is "unexplainable." I think there is a way to explain odd phenomena and discrepancies, we just haven't figured out what that is yet.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    XXFP

5/5 stars would read again

obviously you're talking about the animal devil spirit in @Pinker85 's avatar.

and yes i am afraid.

(loads shotgun)
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The thing that's hard for me to wrap my head around is the sort of "power" attributed to them, to the extent that "we will never be able to detect them." I guess my worldview is that I believe there are plenty of things that are undiscovered, but there's not very much, if anything, that is "unexplainable." I think there is a way to explain odd phenomena and discrepancies, we just haven't figured out what that is yet.
    Yeah that is a little weird. If these beings (Bigfoot type things) exist, then why isn't there more evidence? Surely they would have a hard time staying hidden in caves and such. Why wouldn't we have discovered their homes when they're not there? It's possible we have and just assume they were from humans. I don't think there is any reason they would be significantly more "magical" than we are, although it is possible they have found sophisticated ways to elude us.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.