• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2013 Tablets

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Currently the Kindle Fire HD is the one I want, but I might be holding off for a while because new tablets are rolling in a couple months.

This one is set to go on sale tomorrow: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013&hl=en The new Nexus tablet.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-details-amazon-next-gen-kindle-fire-tablets-143035883.html Amazon will be coming out with a whole new line up shortly as well.

I currently have an Ipad mini, but I'm trying to sell it off since it's brand new and never been opened in the hopes that I can buy two android tablets and give one away as a Christmas gift later on.

The question is more for me though.. Which one should I go with? Apps make it easy to interface google play and amazon, but I admit I use amazon so much more right now. I hope google starts breaking into more international music and such, which would pull me in their direction for sure. My current tablet is a kindle fire (lost to the hopeless junk in our house somewhere) and I'll be borrowing my father's surface tablet while I'm traveling.

As a side comment.. Why is it we have tablets that play music, and play videos, but we do NOT have a market for music videos?! Especially with Chromecast hitting the market, being able to have a tablet full of music videos to use as a music-generating device that can play the music videos on the TV seems pretty legit to me.

I got my mom the Kindle Fire HD about a month ago. I like it but find it a tad heavy for a 7 inch tablet.

I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I like that I can increase the storage capacity with a micro SD card, which I can't do with the Kindle.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Currently the Kindle Fire HD is the one I want, but I might be holding off for a while because new tablets are rolling in a couple months.

This one is set to go on sale tomorrow: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013&hl=en The new Nexus tablet.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-details-amazon-next-gen-kindle-fire-tablets-143035883.html Amazon will be coming out with a whole new line up shortly as well.

I currently have an Ipad mini, but I'm trying to sell it off since it's brand new and never been opened in the hopes that I can buy two android tablets and give one away as a Christmas gift later on.

The question is more for me though.. Which one should I go with? Apps make it easy to interface google play and amazon, but I admit I use amazon so much more right now. I hope google starts breaking into more international music and such, which would pull me in their direction for sure. My current tablet is a kindle fire (lost to the hopeless junk in our house somewhere) and I'll be borrowing my father's surface tablet while I'm traveling.

As a side comment.. Why is it we have tablets that play music, and play videos, but we do NOT have a market for music videos?! Especially with Chromecast hitting the market, being able to have a tablet full of music videos to use as a music-generating device that can play the music videos on the TV seems pretty legit to me.

Youtube does have a large selection of music videos on it, they're just likely not organized as such.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Youtube does have a large selection of music videos on it, they're just likely not organized as such.

I know, but you cannot always access the internet everywhere you go. I mean, as long as I am paying for a song, I think I ought to have the option to watch the video that goes with it. :/ I really havent seen a new music video in a long time. I don't know why we aren't given the option to have the lyrics displayed as well. If they're so concerned about pirating, they ought to cover more bases.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I know, but you cannot always access the internet everywhere you go. I mean, as long as I am paying for a song, I think I ought to have the option to watch the video that goes with it. :/ I really havent seen a new music video in a long time. I don't know why we aren't given the option to have the lyrics displayed as well. If they're so concerned about pirating, they ought to cover more bases.

Ah, well, if you're using Chromecast you need internet connectivity. I just assumed since you mentioned that you had planned on using internet. The problem with pirating/poor service is a pretty deep argument, but it mostly comes down to companies deciding that it's easier to be litigious than to offer new competitive services.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ah, well, if you're using Chromecast you need internet connectivity. I just assumed since you mentioned that you had planned on using internet. The problem with pirating/poor service is a pretty deep argument, but it mostly comes down to companies deciding that it's easier to be litigious than to offer new competitive services.

:laugh: That's my scatter-brain talking.. I was just thinking, that it'd be cool to be able to view music videos like on a plane or whatever, or just hook it up to the chromecast and play them directly from the same playlist already set up.

I think the new google tablet goes on sale tomorrow, so maybe best buy will have one in store I can play with and see if I like it better than a fire HD.
[MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION] apparently the new google nexus has microSD as well. https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013&hl=en