Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    So is space. What happens in space crafts the reality of Earth (Sun) and staying on Earth is the equivalent of someone staying in their baby cot when they're a teenager. Besides if you stay here you will run out of things to conquer and be stuck conquering yourself for the sake of ethical perfection. It's fun but is a task without end.

No staying on Earth is sane, it's where you belong, it's the environment you evolved to adapt to, and thinking you have somewhere to live beyond it is kind of ...sad.

There is no other life in the universe except on earth. All of the dreaming is fanciful illusion. There's no life anywhere else, and everything man has created to defy earth (high fructose corn syrup, American cheese, trans-fat, margarine) has been shit and has led to nothing but death and disaster.

What the hell makes you think Mars would be any different from high fructose corn syrup, trans-fat and margarine?

Get real.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

"Oh I just trashed my house...I'll go live in another house...wait I can't afford another house..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    "Oh I just trashed my house...I'll go live in another house...wait I can't afford another house..."
    You are taking this rather seriously. Unfortunate. I'm not causing your inferior Te to run riot am I?

Even under the staggering technological challenges we must for if we do not the resource depletion scenario will bleed humanity dry in the long run and probably sooner rather than later at that. Staying in one place is like waiting for the fridge to become bare and in this case you have no legs to get you to the shops.

If we cannot then it would lead to the point mentioned by myself in the original post, no wide eyed FPs in 100,000 years. If I have just used circular reasoning then I will apolpgise and politely go and fuck myself. Farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    No staying on Earth is sane, it's where you belong, it's the environment you evolved to adapt to, and thinking you have somewhere to live beyond it is kind of ...sad.

There is no other life in the universe except on earth. All of the dreaming is fanciful illusion. There's no life anywhere else, and everything man has created to defy earth (high fructose corn syrup, American cheese, trans-fat, margarine) has been shit and has led to nothing but death and disaster.

What the hell makes you think Mars would be any different from high fructose corn syrup, trans-fat and margarine?

Get real.
    I appreciate your vision. Down with the processed, chemically altered shit some people call food!

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Whoa. Disturbing.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Yeah saw this a few days back and thought we'd be looking like anime characters! YAY!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I read this article a couple of weeks back, and I can't help but think it's unrealistic.
    I think someone has an anime fetish.
    But anyway, what if humanity is set back a couple hundred centuries due to a nuclear war or something? Or we just go another route entirely? You really can't predict these things.
    I'm just glad I won't be around to see it(though immortality sounds nice).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Blonde hair will eventually go to brunette as ages pass by.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Going over to Susan's house?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini
    There is no other life in the universe except on earth.
    This seems more like something that people like to believe in because they want to feel special than something that is likely to be true. I'm not saying I believe in reploids, but with all the planets in the universe, how could life have arisen just once? Especially because we're finding more and more that life can survive in places that we thought it shouldn't have been able to. There are bacteria deep within the Earth's crust. Microorganisms that live off of sulfur or thrive in the extreme heat of undersea vents. Hell, there are even crabs that eat that stuff that lives in those undersea vents. These creatures never see the sun, but seem to be doing just fine.

If I need to appeal to your Fi... maybe Avatar is real?

Also... if we're talking about something being pure because it's nature, a lot of sex in the animal kingdom is nonconsensual. I don't think it's a good idea to look to "nature" for morality. That's the same path that leads us to PUA bullshit.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78