User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smartphones Pros and Cons

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Cons total loss of privacy.
    Do you have a smartphone? If so, how do you address this?
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Of course but it's just more to carry around. The Motorola Startak was the smallest phone I've ever owned and they came out with that in the 90s.
    I used to have some quite small flip phone, even tho my current phone is wider and taller. its so slim that it feels like nothing in my pocket, old one felt like i had little more in my pocket
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you have a smartphone? If so, how do you address this?
    Yes I do have one, necessary for work and all that.

I don't address it. One would need to be better with software than I am, or be hooked in enough to know where the directions to kill the tracking capabilities of smart phones are.

You should be able to build a phone like you can build a laptop or desktop, and choose the software you want on it.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    What do you think of the Medion smart phone?

redundant descriptor Array netzealot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    What do you think of the Medion smart phone?
    Unlike cellphones of the 90s and early turn-of-the-century, a smart phone is more than the sum of its parts... that is to say, it's all about the software. Before you even look at manufacturers, you need to decide on a mobile operating system.

Your main choices are Apple iOS and Google Android. There is, of course, also Windows Mobile but the largest share of the market belong to those two mobile OS systems. If you so chose iOS, then you're looking at an iPhone, if you choose Android you have some choices... the main competitors are Samsung, Google Nexus, HTC, Motorola, LG, or Sony.

I have never heard of Medion but I probably wouldn't consider it. Without mainstream support, then you are going to find very little in terms of accessories and applications.